YWBF @ Northwest Hospital: About
YWBF @ Northwest Hospital
5401 Old Court Rd
Randallstown Maryland 21133
Betty Lewis has taught Hatha Yoga in the Iyengar tradition for 10 years. She is a Certified Iyengar Yoga Teacher and a Registered Yoga Teacher (RYT) with Yoga Alliance. Her mentor and principal teacher is John Schumacher, Director, Unity Woods Yoga Center. She has also studied in India and the United States with BKS, Geeta, and Prashant Iyengar. The level I class introduces students to the Iyengar approach to basic yoga poses. It is appropriate for both beginners and experienced yoga practitioners. The level II class is appropriate for those that have completed a level I class. Yoga increases flexibility and strength as well as emotional and physical balance.
- Wear clothing that is easy to move in. Do not
wear baggy pants that obscure leg alignment.
Leotards with footless tights, shorts, or leggings
- Class is taken in bare feet. For your own safety,
do not wear any type of covering on feet.
- Do not eat 2 - 3 hours prior to class.
- Be on time. Class begins with preparatory
poses for what follows; it is unsafe (and disruptive)
to come to class late.
- Do not wear perfume or heavy jewelry.
- Turn off cell phones and/or beepers.
- There is a non-refundable administrative charge
of $25. No refunds after the second class.
- Children under the age of 18 take classes with
permission of instructor only.
QUESTIONS and DIRECTIONS???
Visit Betty's web site at www.ywbf.com and click on ‘Locations’
PROPS: Each student must have their own props. To acquire yoga props (such as yoga mats, blankets, belts, blocks, etc.), click here.