YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

existence
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> Philosophy and ReligionMessage format

MANNgrene
Posted 2010-08-04 12:28 PM (#124469)
Subject: existence

In the begining,which no one can date,Yoga was seen as a one person path to union with "what exactly"?--Some said this god or that god --others disagreed.And so the debate raged for millenia until Yoga ended up in the mess that it is in now by losing sight of its final end.It is now a set of competing ideologies that are sold in the marketplce like commodities by self styled Yogis and Yogins who have NOT reached the final end of Yoga--which is, truthfully,
union with the essence of CREATION.
CREATION is NOT any kind of "god" or being--
CREATION is NOT Brahman
NO god created existence
Yoga has lost its way many thousands of years ago when it was co-opted into so many differing religions.
I have discovered the only path to union with the essence of CREATION
please read my two websites
www.experientialknowingness.co.uk
www.existenceexplained.co.uk
YES I realise that many of you will ridicule and patronise me but CREATION is in total agreement with me
Try it youll like it!
Top of the page Bottom of the page
vibes
Posted 2010-08-04 4:12 PM (#124478 - in reply to #124469)
Subject: Re: existence

Extreme Veteran

Whoever wrote these websites is looney tunes. But then one could ask if that really matters?
vibes
Posted 2010-08-05 11:03 AM (#124507 - in reply to #124469)

Extreme Veteran

3 things- I am not a prisoner of mind generated religous nonsense. However I am as are you and everyone on the planet - victims (or prisoners if you like) of politcal generated nonsense. If we poo down a toilet we are part of the system organised by the government to arrange for sewage systems and its maintennance etc.

Secondly the funny thing is you mention "you are in NUNION with the essence of creation and I am not", maybe you have a good point. As I dont even know what 'NUNION' means. But something I do know is regardless of what anyone says,writes, or types we are all one and whatever we believe or think.

Thirdly looney tunes are great cartoons, what you got against them? Is it the violence?

p.s. As I said in my above post- does it really matter? A man walking naked down a street could be considered to have mental health problems in one culture, while in another they may be praised as almost god like.

take it easy dude!

Posted 2010-08-05 5:00 PM (#124524 - in reply to #124469)

Moving this to philosophy then, depending on the tone, may delete. MANNgrene, you may post your thoughts here of course. However, no need for a holier than thou attitude that it's your way or the highway.

Posted 2010-08-05 6:19 PM (#124527 - in reply to #124469)

Adios pal! You're about to be deleted and banned.

Posted 2010-08-08 3:08 PM (#124575 - in reply to #124469)

Hey MANNgrene,

I am amazed that a man your age, with all your CREATION duties and all your orgasms, still has the time and energy to bicker with us idiots here on this web site.

Very impressive!

Posted 2010-08-08 3:15 PM (#124576 - in reply to #124469)

Ain't it the truth? Amazing--Piel the administrator must be on vacation--can't get the doofus deleted.
mocheekum
Posted 2010-08-09 1:09 AM (#124578 - in reply to #124469)

Yoga can be union with several different things: Mind with body, mind with a compassion consciousness, mind and body with cosmic energy, mind with the divine, oneness with others, etc. It is different for everybody at whatever stage of their spiritual journey they happen to currently be at and whatever their outlook on life happens to be. As you give yourself up to Yoga, you begin to have respect for the paths of others as they learn to optimally function in this world with their own concept of the divine. MANNgrene has found union with CREATION after an unfortunate accident that left him with a hole in his skull. He and his wife are apparently the only people in this union. I wish them happiness and joy. However, I would rather he not bare false witness against the Yoga community that is full of well-meaning, loving, positive individuals who are trying to simply make life better for all. BTW: Tantra is not the Yoga of sexuality. It is more of a study of the procreative activity of the divine. Also, I'd rather do the Yoga as taught by the mainstream that have to get a hole in my head and eat raw salads. But, I guess that is just my path.

Posted 2010-08-10 12:57 PM (#124600 - in reply to #124578)

mocheekum - 2010-08-08 10:09 PM

Tantra is not the Yoga of sexuality. It is more of a study of the procreative activity of the divine.

Those of you who are interested in learning more about Tantric practices should read: "Kiss of the Yogini: "Tantric Sex" in its South Asian Contexts" by David Gordon White.

Most "New Age" Western ideas about Tantric Yoga (philosophy or practices) are modern inventions that have little or nothing to do with the Indian traditions that they are purported to by a continuation of.

Tantric sexual practices are not about enjoying sex. (I'm not sure that people at any time or in any place needed anything special added to enjoy sex!) They are mainly about drinking semen and menstrual fluids after intercourse to gain special magical powers.

Sexual practices were only a part of Trantric ritual, practices and beliefs and not necessarily the central part or even included for most followers.

mocheekum
Posted 2010-08-11 1:33 AM (#124608 - in reply to #124469)

That book looks interesting. However, I'd have to say that I prefer a more right-handed sattvic path. Perhaps one could substitute breathing for use of bodily fluids. ;-)

Posted 2010-08-11 1:48 AM (#124609 - in reply to #124608)

there is no substitute for bodily fluids
Piel
Posted 2010-08-13 9:10 AM (#124649 - in reply to #124576)

Forum Administrator

Bruce - 2010-08-08 3:15 PM

Ain't it the truth? Amazing--Piel the administrator must be on vacation--can't get the doofus deleted.

Piel's full time job has him running around the country and getting no sleep. The guy has been banned.

Posted 2010-08-13 9:40 AM (#124650 - in reply to #124469)

Piel--you need a raise--who do I talk to?
Cyndi
Posted 2010-08-18 9:37 AM (#124719 - in reply to #124650)

Expert Yogi

Darn, I missed ALL of the fun....why'd ya'll delete everything????!!!
ashwin4222
Posted 2011-06-21 12:20 AM (#208737 - in reply to #124469)

I think there is a lot of talk given by Sri Sri ravishankar ( www.artofliving.org/founder ) on this one.. he has taken the extracts from Yoga Vashista , Patanjali Yoga Sutra , Naratha Bhakti Sutra and has made a really amazing knowledge on this topic.. check out artofliving.org
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)