YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Higher and Lower Class in Spirituality
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> Philosophy and ReligionMessage format

dattaswami
Posted 2010-07-21 7:54 AM (#124213)
Subject: Higher and Lower Class in Spirituality

Mrs. Bhargavi (USA), who created a website on the human incarnation and a devotee of Sai Baba, bombarded Swami with a question. “Why have You advertised the miracles in Your website and propagated about Yourself? We are in search of a Guru, please guide us”.

Swami replied, “If you are giving Me the appointment order to join the duty as your Guru, I shall join at once. I shall be very happy if you select Me as your Guru after conducting an interview and analyse Me patiently.”

Miracles are the chocolates offered in the lower kindergarten (LKG) class for kids in the spiritual institution. If one joins the post graduate (P.G.) class directly, such chocolates are not necessary. It depends on the level of class into which you are admitted. The Gita speaks about the four different classes. The LKG class is ‘Arta’ means a person hit by worldly problems. He comes to God for help. God solves his problem once or twice to introduce Himself to that person. For a few days only the chocolates are given to the kid, as initial attraction. The Lord transfers the punishment on to Him and suffers in solving the problem. It is hoped that the devotee develops gratefulness to the Lord, which may lead to selfless love. If that happens, the devotee is entering into higher classes.

Mrs Bhargavi asked, “Which class am I going to be admitted?” Swami replied, “That depends on your application mentioning the class, you like to join. In the entrance test, if you score low marks, you will be advised to apply to the lower entrance test. If marks are very high, you will be asked to apply to higher test. You are also convinced about yourself by such procedure. Otherwise, if I straightly tell you, you may refuse thinking that you are eligible to higher class.”

Suddenly the phone stopped functioning. But the phone of Bhargavi was in function. Lot of time passed. After sometime, the phone started functioning. Bhargavi told Swami “We are waiting to hear You without cutting our phone all along this time”. Swami told, “You have good lot of patience. Patience (Sama) is the first requisite for Brahma Jnana according to Shankara. This shows your spiritual interest (Sraddha). You have passed the preliminary test. Contact Dr.Nikhil and get all My divine knowledge. Study it patiently and then evaluate Me for appointing as your Guru. The knowledge is the real form of Guru, by which only you have to assess the candidate in the interview. You should not decide a Guru in a short time by momentary emotional appreciation. Studying the knowledge is like written test for Me. Then talk with Me, which will be the oral interview. Then only decide about My appointment as Guru.”

Top of the page Bottom of the page
ilchileesedona
Posted 2014-01-27 9:40 PM (#211303 - in reply to #124213)
Subject: Re: Higher and Lower Class in Spirituality

Veteran

Great read buddy, thanks...
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)