YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Teacher Training Fall 2010 San Diego
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> Bikram YogaMessage format

Elmo_Atwater
Posted 2010-07-09 11:00 PM (#124034)
Subject: Teacher Training Fall 2010 San Diego

I'm thinking of going to TT Fall in San Diego but I'm really concerned over the hotel accommodations.

The hotel is the "Town and Country Resort & Convention Center"
http://www.towncountry.com/

The hotel is 3 stars at best and the reviews are not good.

reviews:
http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g60750-d80602-r67587806-Town_and_Country_Resort_Hotel-San_Diego_California.html#REVIEWS

Also there is no lunch included in the price of $3,900 where in the past it was included.

Does anybody else have the same concerns?

I know its all about the yoga but I can handle a shitty hotel for 1 or 2 nights but not 2 months.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Posted 2010-07-10 1:25 AM (#124036 - in reply to #124034)
Subject: Re: Teacher Training Fall 2010 San Diego

I'm excited that TT will be in San Diego, but that location doesn't seem ideal. Without a car, students will be limited to hanging out at the resort the whole time. There is a TJ's but it probably won't be accessible without car, and the Whole Foods is at least a 15-minute drive away. If you're a student without a car, it'll be a bummer. But if ya got one, the place doesn't really look so bad!

I thought the price was like $9,000?
yoga-addict
Posted 2010-07-10 12:22 PM (#124044 - in reply to #124034)

Veteran

Well, if it makes you feel any better, the las vegas hilton had terrible reviews too but it was a perfectly nice hotel to stay in. It looks like in San Diego you'll have balconies which is super nice and maybe you can drink the water there! It's true this resort looks a bit out-of-the-way, but I think you need a car in San Diego in general. They will (hopefully) run shuttles so the students can go grocery shopping. I'm sure something will be provided for lunch though for us at the Hilton it was the equivalent of 10$ a day.
San Diego is a much nicer city than Las Vegas in my opinion, and so much closer to the beach!

Posted 2010-07-10 1:11 PM (#124046 - in reply to #124044)

yoga-addict - 2010-07-10 9:22 AM

It looks like in San Diego you'll have balconies which is super nice and maybe you can drink the water there!

You will not want to drink the water.

Posted 2010-07-11 4:47 AM (#124051 - in reply to #124034)

I can't believe San Diego has balconies, would have KILLED for balconies in Vegas!!

Ditto to Nicole - I think the San Diego spot looks way nicer than the previous hotel in Vegas, the Hilton, and that one honestly was not bad at all. You really only leave the hotel grounds for 36 hours a week anyway (Saturday/Sunday), and all you need to do is study, shop, laundry, and sleep. Last time we had a free shuttle van every Saturday and Sunday that went to Trader Joe's, laundry, etc. - I'd expect that it would be the same. We didn't get "lunch," but we got a preloaded card with $800-something bucks on it (yes Nicole, we got more than you did!), which was enough $$ to hit the buffet plenty of times when I was tired of soup and sandwiches in my room.

Don't stress it! This looks like a good one to me, better than the last few.

Posted 2010-07-12 12:47 AM (#124060 - in reply to #124034)

If anyone has a nervous breakdown and needs a "recovery space" there's an extra bedroom in a nice condo in the South Bay for ya!
veggiepose
Posted 2010-07-12 10:33 PM (#124080 - in reply to #124034)

Yup, DJ's right, we got $850 I think, plus 25% discount at the buffet. I had to use up my remaining money in the gift shop on the last day. They did have shuttles all weekend, so I'm sure they will this time. A lot of people bring cars and are more than willing to tote people around. I had some great times carting the Swedes around.
cirita
Posted 2010-07-13 2:13 PM (#124088 - in reply to #124080)

Hey Elmo,
Are you in Facebook? If Y, join us at Bikram Yoga Teacher Training Fall 2010. I have posted some information about the hotel and convenience stores around it. I'll be going to TT this fall as well. I live in San Diego, 35 minutes from the hotel and I am considering staying at the hotel to avoid all the driving.

I stopped at the hotel last weekend just to check it out. Yeahhhh, not a luxurious resort as advertised. BUT it's not as bad as it seems. We are at a walking distance from Fashion Valley Mall. The nicest mall in San Diego. As for the supermarkets, well, I hope we all get free shuttles. There is a busy freeway separating the hotel from Hillcrest, the neighborhood where most of the supermarkets are, including Whole Foods, TJ.

Now, I was informed that you can take bus 120 at the hotel which leaves you 2 blocks from WholeFoods. If you want to go to Trader Joe's, you will need to take 120 and then the 11.

Hope this helps!! BTW, my name is Cira

Edited by cirita 2010-07-13 2:16 PM
yoga-addict
Posted 2010-07-13 4:07 PM (#124089 - in reply to #124034)

Veteran

well, I'm glad you guys got more and the discount at the buffet sounds sweet too.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)