YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Morning Wake Up Tips
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Wellness -> General WellnessMessage format

Julian Figiel
Posted 2010-06-30 9:01 PM (#123792)
Subject: Morning Wake Up Tips

My goal is to wake up at 6 o'clock every morning. A few days ago, I actually did it - one of the very rare occasions in my life. I loved it so much! I think I will always remember that day; I felt great and had so much more time.

How I woke up that morning, I do not know. A friend told me just the night before to simply get-out-of-bed, and think of 'self discipline'. Maybe I followed his advice that morning, or maybe I just got lucky. Either way, I was so sure that I would wake up the same time the next morning, using my watch alarm clock. 

Yes, I did wake up that morning, but I was so tired and could not get myself out of bed... By the time I was up and ready to go, it was well past 8 o'clock.

I want to wake up at sunrise so badly, but it seems so hard.

Can anyone help me? 
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Posted 2010-07-01 12:12 AM (#123795 - in reply to #123792)
Subject: RE: Morning Wake Up Tips

Use your alarm clock to wake at the desired time every day. After a while, it will be your internal body rhythm and will happen naturally.
Yogacharyatonmoy
Posted 2010-07-02 4:42 PM (#123855 - in reply to #123792)

Extreme Veteran

If you want to wake up at sunrise then you have to go to bed early. Use your alarm clock to wake at your desired time as jimg advised here and after few days, it will be your habit. I wish you all the best........

samantha77
Posted 2010-07-16 9:02 AM (#124156 - in reply to #123792)
Subject: Re: Morning Wake Up Tips

Extreme Veteran

I used to get up late, since I worked late, and now that I have a job where I work early, I've had to totally re-train myself. This is what worked for me: I got everything that I needed the next morning ready the night before, I went to bed earlier, and at the same time every night, and set my alarm for the same time every morning. It takes time, but eventually you will create a habit. Now I can't sleep late even if I want to!
petermark0
Posted 2010-11-15 1:06 AM (#126088 - in reply to #123792)

New User

Here are a few things I’ve found helpful to reduce the transition period from being asleep to becoming fully alert. Not only does speeding up this wake-up process save time, it makes waking up less of a struggle.
1.. Have a good reason to get up.

I’ve found this to be the single most important element in being an early riser. Days in which I did not crystallise the reasons for getting up were more likely to result in sleep ins. Now, I make it clear the night before what it is I want to wake up early for. Initially, I found writing things down to be helpful, but this isn’t always necessary, as long as it is clear what the reasons are.

2. Be productive in the mornings.

It wasn’t enough to just be an early riser. If I had committed to waking up early for a reason, I’ve found it was crucial that I followed through. Not following through is like slow working poison. Over time, this has a cumulative effect and makes it harder and harder to rise early. This was a huge drain on motivation for me, especially when I was losing sleep and yet not getting the things I wanted to done. So stick to the plan and be productive.

3. Get enough sleep.

Your body is trying to tell you something if you constantly feel overly tired during the day. I’ve found it wasn’t really worthwhile trying to get up early if I didn’t get enough good sleep the night before. In the short term, I might get more discretionary time because I was sleeping less, which is good for coping with the spikes in workload. However, in the long term, things generally evened out – either because I was tired and couldn’t work as fast or I was sick as a result of a weakened immune system. My advice is to ensure you get enough sleep.
jasep
Posted 2011-01-28 7:34 AM (#202428 - in reply to #123792)

New User

a great way to wake up smoothly is a light alarm that gets lighter and lighter until you wake up. can also be combined with sound. i also have a buddha statue next to my bed which is the first thing i look at when i wake up.
kristi
Posted 2011-02-04 4:44 AM (#202469 - in reply to #123792)

Veteran

how about a nice large cap of strong black coffee ?
jasep
Posted 2011-03-17 6:48 AM (#207912 - in reply to #123792)

New User

that's a good one. i read the same in a book about ayurveda and yoga , but i can't manage to go to bed that early. i will keep trying ;)

Edited by jasep 2011-03-17 6:49 AM
StudioLiveTV
Posted 2011-07-23 2:38 PM (#208950 - in reply to #123792)

I would love to get up earlier too. My problem is that the times when which I go to sleep vary so much. Not because I want to, but sometimes you're just not sleepy. My suggestion for mornings is an alarm... While it's not ideal, forcing myself to wake up early forces me to go to bed earlier the next day.
Dacite
Posted 2011-07-25 9:03 AM (#208961 - in reply to #208950)

Regular

The best nice morning wake up is with pets at home. They gently wake you up with sunrise.
romancefer
Posted 2011-07-26 10:36 PM (#208964 - in reply to #123792)

New User

Thank you for sharing . The post growth of my knowledge
kedar
Posted 2011-12-29 12:47 AM (#209714 - in reply to #123792)

Before the invention of the light bulb people slept with all the birds and woke up with them. That is they slept by 7 to 8pm and woke up by 4-5am. They also ate before sunset or say before 6pm. Sleeping at 8pm may not be feasible now by, but having dinner by 6 is still within your reach. If you eat or drink before you hit bed, digestion gets stalled and food begins to sit and rot inside your stomach. Which is why it is good to eat early. Also, dinner should be a very light meal if possible with salads and fruits. This is usually the reason why people do not find even 8 hours of sleep sufficient and wake up feeling lethargy and aches.

Do not force yourself to wake up early. You should naturally wake up. And once up if instead of feeling fresh you are lethargic, then consider yourself unwell. Most people drink tea or coffee first thing in the morning to overcome this lethargy. This is a really bad idea. Have you seen any animal or bird eat the first thing in the morning? This is the best time for intense activity or play.

Sleep itself is the best diagnosis of your health. The number of hours your sleep is the first indicator. Other things like how deep your sleep, if you get too many dreams and how much you roll from left to right also indicate your state of mind and body health. So, if you want to wake up early, daily without an alarm, you need to become fit not disciplined.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)