YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Yoga and Massage
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Massage -> General MassageMessage format

Julian Figiel
Posted 2010-06-29 8:59 PM (#123765)
Subject: Yoga and Massage

Forgive me if this question has been asked before, but what is the relationship between Yoga and massage? Did massage techniques come from Yoga? 

Thanks!

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Posted 2010-06-30 1:53 AM (#123770 - in reply to #123765)
Subject: RE: Yoga and Massage

No
Cyndi
Posted 2010-06-30 9:18 PM (#123793 - in reply to #123765)

Expert Yogi

Jim is right....however, there is such a thing called Thai Yoga Massage. What that entails is (in a nutshell) the massage practitioner is engaging the client into yoga like postures, where the therapist is using massage technique's and her feet and body mechanics. It's kinda interesting and somewhat beneficial - especially for the therapist, Okay, the client does benefit too as you can really get into some deep stuff...not for the beginner massage client though,

Seriously, I am almost finished with Massage School - clinicals start next week, anybody in my area come get one for $20, from me, July-Sept. Having that said...... Yoga and Massage do compliment one another if you are a yoga teacher as it can 1) offset and provide extra income and 2) you can help your clients heal their bodies. It really enhances your practice by learning anatomy and physiology.....I never thought I'd hear myself say that, but its true...Nick should appreciate that one!!! In my case, I apply Traditional Chinese and Ayurvedic Principals to all of it and that is absolutely incredible!!
Dacite
Posted 2011-04-08 5:20 PM (#208084 - in reply to #123765)
Subject: Re: Yoga and Massage

Regular

Yoga and massage have things in common.
Massage is one of the oldest of the healing arts. If someone is in pain or suffering from illness or injury, its nurturing touch is a wonderfully supportive way of helping the body to heal itself.
shinywatt
Posted 2011-06-30 2:16 AM (#208819 - in reply to #123765)

Massage is mainly use for relaxations and reduce mentally stress. Now everyone is believes is yoga massage to promote overall health and well being forever. Massage and yoga both are when combined, they can help to improve the overall quality of healthy life for a human.

Edited by shinywatt 2011-06-30 2:17 AM
Albern
Posted 2011-08-26 8:56 AM (#209107 - in reply to #123765)

New User

yoga is much more beneficial since it provides everything which massage and medication offers.

Edited by Albern 2011-08-26 8:58 AM
citytreats
Posted 2011-12-31 7:48 AM (#209737 - in reply to #123765)

Massage and yoga are two healthy practices used to promote overall health and well-being. Yoga is the perfect complement to routine massage therapy. And therapeutic massage can be an important component of your health maintenance or wellness plan.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)