YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

hello
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> Yoga TeachersMessage format

mathewjohn55
Posted 2010-06-16 3:53 PM (#123507)
Subject: hello

Hello

I practice sarvangasana for 3 minutes daily as this asna is said to be the queen of asnas.

I feel that i have some nervous problem in my left side of the neck region when i practice this .
Any reasons related to this asna?

help...
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Yogacharyatonmoy
Posted 2010-06-16 5:11 PM (#123510 - in reply to #123507)
Subject: RE: hello

Extreme Veteran

What kind of nervous problem it is! Do you feel any pain there? I wonder if you practice only this one asana daily. You could practice a counter pose like Matsyasana after this.
Hope you are not giving much pressure on your neck. Please keep your elbows spread as wide as the shoulders. You can also place a folded blanket under your shoulders as it provides a soft, raised surface for your shoulders, reducing the curve of you throat and pressure on your neck. The best way is to practice asana with a qualified Yoga Teacher practically for few days. I wish you all the best………..

tourist
Posted 2010-06-16 6:57 PM (#123514 - in reply to #123507)

Expert Yogi

Matthew - we need to know a lot more about your practice in order to be able to answer with any sort of accuracy. You have posted a couple of other problems so you have a lot going on. If you could tell us more about yourself and what your asana and pranayama practices are, we can help more.
vibes
Posted 2010-06-16 7:06 PM (#123517 - in reply to #123514)
Subject: Re: hello

Extreme Veteran

Either go to before you feel it or prepare yourself so you dont feel it.

Posted 2010-06-16 10:04 PM (#123519 - in reply to #123507)
Subject: Re: hello

Best answer is "I don't know" and this is due to not being able to see the doing OR having the do-er fully describe the doing. I would be throwing darts at a board in a dark room.

Posted 2010-06-16 10:48 PM (#123521 - in reply to #123507)

As others have already said, more information would be helpful if not necessary to help.

That being said, if there is weight, stress or pressure on the back of your neck in sarvangasana, you run the risk of injuring your neck. You should NOT press the back of your neck into the floor in this pose. Your weight should be supported by your shoulders and elbows, NOT your neck. The natural curve of your neck should always be maintained. (I'm shooting in the dark here, but I have a good idea which wall the dart board is usually on.)

Please reply with more details if you want some more specific responses to your specific problem.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)