YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What really happens when a Chakra ... opens
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Meditation -> General MeditationMessage format

AndreasMamet
Posted 2010-06-04 8:58 AM (#123329)
Subject: What really happens when a Chakra ... opens

At times we can hear in meditation class people talking about chakras and somebody may casually mention, oh, my chakra opened....

Successful efforts of meditation will bring about the opening of the INNER SPACE. When a chakra truly opens, what happens is that the point where the chakra is located --- turns into expanding space. When this happens, you feel as if a nuclear explosion of consciousness is taking place in your head, and there is nothing about you that will just go, ladida, my chakra is open....

When the INNER SPACE opens, it can unfold in two ways... gradually, leaving "you" the option to resists the process, or lightning fast, not leaving "you" that option. It is coming in like lightning and thunderbolt, too quick for "you" to do anything.

The opening of the INNER SPACE has a point of origin in your body. The Hara, the Heart, the 3rd eye or the top of your head. I have experienced this from the mentioned points.

When the INNER SPACE opens gradually in your body you watch it first as a size of a golf ball, then it continues to expand. There is no limit to that expansion process - it simply depends on the "success" of your meditation practice.

Ultimately, THE INNER SPACE continues to expand until it is INFINITY. At that point, the relationship between body and consciousness has reversed. Whereas before consciousness was a very limited reality in your body, now your body is a microscopic point within that expanded conciousness. So is everything else.

Now, it becomes interesting, don't you think?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Peter
Posted 2010-06-06 3:23 AM (#123352 - in reply to #123329)
Subject: Re: What really happens when a Chakra ... opens

Hi Andreas,

A fascinating description. Thanks for posting it.

Would you care to offer specifics of practices that might lead to this kind of experience?

Peter
AndreasMamet
Posted 2010-06-06 5:56 AM (#123353 - in reply to #123352)

Dear Peter,
The very foundation that leads to this type of experience ... is the blazing longing, desire for it. If you can set free this type of climate, this will lead you into contact with people and techniques who can help on a practical level.

Having said that.... here you are!

Please tell me a little bit about your life, your relationship with meditation, this would help me is forming a response that might be of relevance to you.

Yours in the Dharma,
Andreas
AndreasMamet
Posted 2010-06-07 1:16 PM (#123376 - in reply to #123329)

As said, deep sincere longing is the foundation... that will lead to self arising practice, no doubt beyond any mojo. Practice simply becomes the expression of one's longing. The deeper the longing, the more motivated the practice. Tapas - Fiery aspiration.
Peter
Posted 2010-06-08 2:18 AM (#123383 - in reply to #123353)

Hi Andreas, Thank you for your sweet reply! Yes, here I am (as always... - except that yesterday was a busy day, so I apologize for the late reply...).

I've been practicing meditation formally since 1978. My first few years included introductions to zen practice and kundalini yoga. By my mid-twenties I had settled into a version of ashtanga yoga under a teacher, with strong emphasis on bhakti as well as tantric influences. The past ten years has seen a gradual winnowing down of my practice into the simplest possible: simply sitting with what is, in the largest, and most intimate, sense.  In some ways, I have returned full circle to a "zen-like" practice, but with a minimum of ritual or scripting, cradled by a very quiet, simple - even child-like - bhakti.

So, nothing is seeking anything anymore though I am wide open to whatever might arise in the particular unfoldment that occurs here. I am more particularly interested in seeing that others might be helped in the best way possible for them with their own unfoldment.  So I am happy in your reply with its emphasis on personal relevance and would urge anyone who feel attraction towards these kinds of experiences to consider your words with an open heart and mind.

In Joy!

Peter

Edited by Peter 2010-06-08 2:21 AM
AndreasMamet
Posted 2010-06-08 3:18 AM (#123384 - in reply to #123329)

Dear Peter,
Allow me to put together two statements you gave in the previous posts
1 "Would you care to offer specifics of practices that might lead to this kind of experience?"
2 "So, nothing is seeking anything anymore..."

Is 2 and expression of your full circle return to Zen and 1 an expression of child-like bhakti, the part in you that allows to ask or did you ask on behalf of the world? (((smile)))

May you be happy and fulfilled...
Andreas
Peter
Posted 2010-06-08 5:58 AM (#123385 - in reply to #123384)

Hi Andreas,

My first question does appear to have been expressed impersonally.....   Though I personally find fascinating all the infinite variety of possible unfoldment.

Allow me to add that I found your first post interesting in the way it appeared to dismiss other people's experience while putting forward a Truth about Experience in general.

Or was it specifically your own experience (spurred by your own bhakti and tapas (or might we even say mojo?)) of which you were speaking?  

Either way, it is most beautiful and a cause for celebration! _/\_

In Joy!

Peter

Edited by Peter 2010-06-08 6:05 AM
AndreasMamet
Posted 2010-06-08 6:31 AM (#123386 - in reply to #123329)

The awe-inspiring oceanicness of the experience of the opening of the Inner Space seems to be shared by many Buddhas throughout the ages, even though the flavors perhaps differ... one thing that seems to represent the common denominator to all those openings by different beings is that they, in most cases, experienced a flaming longing for the experience. And, in most cases, because of that blazing longing, they created a personal effort that brought about CRITICAL MASS. On that point of critical mass they were met, so it seems to me, by Grace.

Prior to that point of where the Inner Space opens, there are thousands of lovely levels, representing an achievement of sorts, nice places to rest.... where one ought to not rest.

I am encouraging restlessness and the courage to set free the pain of longing.
AndreasMamet
Posted 2010-06-10 6:02 PM (#123448 - in reply to #123329)

If you are interested to read more on meditation-related subjects, please go to www.teachingsinparis.blogspot.com
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)