YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Strange Phenomenon
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Meditation -> General MeditationMessage format

Terra Incognita
Posted 2010-04-08 11:12 AM (#122298)
Subject: Strange Phenomenon

I am new to Meditation, ive done much reading, and little practice. I have no teacher, or lesson plan. All i know is 'attention'. Ive been Meditating 20-30 minutes a day for the last 6 weeks. A strange thing has been happening that i have no knowledge of, and am not sure how to take it in.

It started as a physical sensation in my forehead, between my brow, mental visual imagery of my 3rd eye budding, and later a snake/worm extending out of my brow, then changed to a worm/vein like sensation crawling threw my face, from the center of my forehead, down my eye sockets, and face. Mental imagery of wooden roots or veins this time, where it settled leading from the center of my brow, too my ear, where it rested and pulsated.

This whole thing is strange, seems too be more advanced if its real then would be expected. My posture is poor ( restless ), my attention shifts, mind clouded. I also seem too be able too control it to stay in my brow where it circles, and how far and fast it goes, but not where it goes.

I am not seeking a explanation per se but more of a course of action, focus on the breath? focus on it? it is by far the most predominate thing. Im worried that by focusing on it, i will neglect the other aspects of my meditation, as it only appears to get stronger with each experience. And also the less likely chance that i am mentally unstable, or ill ;p

Well, Thank you in advance for listening to a beginner, i appreciate your time if you spent it. I hope too see more from this community.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Posted 2010-04-09 12:59 AM (#122305 - in reply to #122298)
Subject: RE: Strange Phenomenon

Terra,
You have a very active, well developed imagination! I hope that you are using it in some artistic way.
jimg
Terra Incognita
Posted 2010-04-09 6:42 AM (#122306 - in reply to #122298)
Subject: Re: Strange Phenomenon

It is obvious the imagination is involved, if i believed that snakes where coming out of my underdeveloped 3rd eye, i don't think id complain.

The question pertains more to, what sort of school of thought would this be best explored, or for the sake of mindfulness meditation, a hint on how to say in the present with this, as it gets more active, and the inkling to play with it grows as i am inexperienced.

I would say, imaginary or not, through mental effort to be able to create a pressure, the feeling as if a quarter or pebble was in the center of the brow, is worth commentary. much less the movement, which i think i might be able too attribute to a weak perception of the actual veins in my face.

Sorry if this line of thought is out placed in this forum. As i am isolated at the moment, and have no teacher or training, i was looking for assistance, where i thought i might find it.

Edited by Terra Incognita 2010-04-09 6:45 AM
Bill888
Posted 2010-05-01 1:12 AM (#122624 - in reply to #122298)
Subject: RE: Strange Phenomenon

Wow, my guess is something is healing.

If you keep meditating, it should dissolve and a deep healing should follow.
Meditation & Unity
Posted 2010-05-25 2:14 AM (#123106 - in reply to #122298)
Subject: Re: Strange Phenomenon

It’s nice to know that you got excellent results in such a short period. I wonder if you have heard of Meditation Guru Unity, I am regularly consulting him and he had shared very good experiences on Meditation and Yoga.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)