YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

back after hip replacement
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> Bikram YogaMessage format

amyf
Posted 2010-02-22 10:10 AM (#121590)
Subject: back after hip replacement

Veteran

some of you know and have been following my challenges as I broke my hip last year. It was a very serious fracture at the head of my femur and though the prognosis for saving it was not very good they did everything they could. I've had four surgeries in one year trying to keep the head of the femur alive and heal the fracture..... all of them failing. five week ago they stopped and just did a total hip replacement as the head was no longer viable and dead.
It has been a long road and a long year but through all of it I've grown and learned so much about myself. This was my first week back in the hot room and though I have and always will have limitations and have to modify some of the poses to keep my new hip safe WOW did it feel good LOL
I had to take four months off and was in hospital on crutches as the last operation failed in nov so just walking feels amazing but......... nothing like the hot room. SO glad to be back. Im doing a home practice in my sauna four days a week to my own recorded CD and following the precautions of my physiotherapist but together we came up with great options that let me feel the same in each pose as before but protect my hip. THANKS for all your support along the way
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Roy Batty
Posted 2010-02-22 4:44 PM (#121596 - in reply to #121590)
Subject: RE: back after hip replacement

Regular

That's inspirational Amy! Keep us posted on your progress.
amyf
Posted 2010-02-23 10:05 AM (#121600 - in reply to #121590)
Subject: Re: back after hip replacement

Veteran

thanks roy batty ..... after each surgery I was always back asap right after blood thinners and doing cold sets before that. I would lug my walker in the hot room and always just do what I could. Every time I was amazed at my recovery and improvement as I healed. I have a leg length difference and my (BIONIC as I call it) hip is rotated to shift the stress point so yoga saves me by keeping my back and muscles strong enough to support this and limber enough to keep them balanced and from bothering me. It has also kept me calm and centered during these hard and stressful times. I think I was the only person in hospital with spot on vitals through everything LOL

Edited by amyf 2010-02-23 10:06 AM
Seeker101
Posted 2010-02-23 10:43 AM (#121601 - in reply to #121590)

Veteran

Congrats Amy! My mom just had a hip replacement surgery....It really is amazing what can be done these days. Very happy for you and wish you well,
Namaste,
Sharon

Posted 2010-02-23 4:10 PM (#121607 - in reply to #121590)

Amy, this is AMAZING. Good for you!! You must have been the healthiest hip-replacement patient ever. It sounds like you're doing absolutely everything right, so I've got nothing to say except KEEP IT UP! Oh yeah... and welcome back to the hot room!! Forget Disney Land... I think the yoga room is really the happiest place on earth!

xoxo, J
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)