YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Stress & Sleep Issues
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Wellness -> Women's HealthMessage format

tbirdj
Posted 2010-02-13 4:00 AM (#121483)
Subject: Stress & Sleep Issues

I am a 21yr old full time college student and full time worker. I live at home because I pay for my school-I help my mother with the house and my fam...the prob is they dont help around the house or with the pets...I am already stressed with my school and work but then I experience it when I get home. I feel stress knots growing sometimes and I have huge issues sleeping...I am also having motivational issues when it comes to working out and keeping up with my yoga...

Looking forward to your suggestions
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Posted 2010-02-13 12:13 PM (#121488 - in reply to #121483)
Subject: RE: Stress & Sleep Issues

Hi Tiffy,
Remember that you always need to make time for yourself. It is not being selfish, it is necessary. If you want to keep going, you need to recharge your batteries. Especially if you have a very busy schedule, it is necessary to find some time every day to relax and find balance between your sympathetic nervous system (fight or flight) and your parasympathetic nervous system (rest and digest).

Stress is inevitable, holding on to it is optional. Your health and happiness are at stake here and that is motivation enough.
Jim

Cyndi
Posted 2010-02-14 12:20 AM (#121498 - in reply to #121488)

Expert Yogi

You have to be selfish, there's no other way around it. I know that sounds terrible, but when you don't have a lot of time and your practicing time management skills...you just have to fit everything in. You learn how to tell people NO, and you learn how to not let others screw with YOUR TIME. Your time becomes precious and treasured,

The reason I know this is because I too am a college student...I run a small business, have a teenager who started college early at age 17 and only has a learner's license and can't drive herself yet....and then there are all the bees and critters I manage....But hey, it's all good, IF I can manage my time...if not, then everything goes to hell and it sucks when it does. Balance is the key to success! Cheers and best of luck!
aunique.226
Posted 2010-07-01 5:08 AM (#123799 - in reply to #121483)
Subject: Re: Stress & Sleep Issues

If you want continue your duty than you should also take care of your self and for that you have some time for it. So make a planning for yourself from your too busy schedule. Otherwise you will not be successful to achieve your goal. You have to live long so you must spend some time for yourself,there is no matter if you have be somewhat selfish.

Posted 2010-11-13 3:58 AM (#126051 - in reply to #121483)

Hi All,
I am 24 year old i am also having same stress and depressed from life. I am software working professional and married. I have suffering from stress from my work and my husband. Work I can handle but what about hubby. We always fight. I try to make him understand but he don't even try to I don't know what to do. Please help me out from this problem.
nativeBrenda
Posted 2010-12-09 10:02 PM (#126427 - in reply to #121483)

New User

Stress. We all deal with it. Whether it be our jobs, family life, drama with friends, a relationship problem, or finances, stress is there. While a little stress is probably good for you, it's the excess that does the harm. You should have time for yourself to relax.
ronaldalbert
Posted 2011-04-15 7:28 AM (#208145 - in reply to #121483)

A stress and sleep issue are sign of mental illness. To avoid stress and depression do meditation. Meditation is powerful thing to avoid it and change way of thing and turn in it positive way. Meditation give power to handle issue and live happily.
Dacite
Posted 2011-04-15 8:08 AM (#208150 - in reply to #208145)

Regular

There might be several reasons for sleep issues not only stress.
Low blood pressure and parasites also are reasons for sleep problems.
Faye2011
Posted 2011-10-13 2:07 PM (#209360 - in reply to #121483)

New User

Oh well... Dark under eye circles and eye bags are also caused by lack of sleep, and in some cases nasal congestion. Just like puffy eyes, such eye circles give you a tired and older appearance, which isn’t complimentary at all to your overall look.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)