YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

New Teacher Rates
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> Bikram YogaMessage format

LauraLoo
Posted 2009-12-24 4:10 AM (#120178)
Subject: New Teacher Rates

Hey I was wondering whether the 'internship' that newly qualified teachers are to commence after training is unpaid? Or is it usual for new teachers to just begin teaching and receiving normal pay? Has any one any experience of this-because the information online is murky?

Thank you !
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Roy Batty
Posted 2009-12-24 7:28 AM (#120179 - in reply to #120178)
Subject: Re: New Teacher Rates

Regular

It's gonna depend on your location. If you are going to teach in a new place that needs to be staffed right away then you should be paid right away at whatever market value may be in place. On the other hand if you plan to teach in a saturated market (San Fran comes to mind) expect a low starting rate. I have heard of places that have an apprenticeship process that the new teacher is not paid for a determined amount of time. Personally I think this type of policy sucks unless the studio sponsored your training in whole or part. Being a Bikram teacher has its pros and cons as far as what you can earn. You going to have to do a little homework as far as where you plan to teach and what your financial needs are. Do you plan on doing this full time? Do you have another job/career?

Good Luck!
yogabrian
Posted 2009-12-25 6:12 PM (#120210 - in reply to #120178)

Usually between $30-40 per class for new teachers depending on area. Experienced Bikram teachers usually make between $75-100 depending on area. Those tend to be VERY seasoned teachers. Those that make more are usually studio owners.
dcellere
Posted 2009-12-30 9:48 AM (#120308 - in reply to #120178)

I can only tell you my personal experience. I live in Central Massachusetts and when I came out of training, I was initially paid only $30/class. The reason for this was because the studio would have a teacher in class (who would also get paid) for me to deal with the heat, check in students and do whatever else had to be done in the studio. This way, I could just focus on teaching. It was only a few weeks later that my pay was bumped up, then bumped up again to what I think it reasonable for the amount of experience I have (only 6 months). Again, as others have said, it really depends on the studio and location. If you are thinking about going to training, just talk with your studio owner. I am sure they would give you the low-down.

Edited by dcellere 2009-12-30 9:49 AM
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)