YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

knee - unrepairable torn medial
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> Bikram YogaMessage format

kneed
Posted 2009-10-06 5:08 AM (#118920)
Subject: knee - unrepairable torn medial

Greetings.

This 46 yo practices Bikram approximately 5 times a week for the past three years. Two weeks ago, in class after a worse than usually balancing display in the first half, i noticed a sharp pain in my knee when i prepared for the half-tortoise. I ended up getting an MRI and was told by my orthopedist (who did a splendid job with a spine fusion in my lower back 10 years ago) that I have a torn medial miniscus and that there is nothing that can be done for it. He told me to continue with Bikram and the elliptical - which i have been doing - the worst pain is stairs - and my bikram is a couple of flights up.

For any of you with knee problems - are there any asanas to avoid or to modify? I tend to shy away from either Padangustasana or Trikanasana (not both).

During the past couple of months, I had been noticing that during Head to Knee Pose with Stretching Pose (the head to knee portion) that i could feel muscles on the inside of my knees feeling tightening.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Posted 2009-10-06 1:17 PM (#118925 - in reply to #118920)
Subject: Re: knee - unrepairable torn medial

That's too bad, I'm sorry!

My knowledge of knee troubles is purely theoretical... but... what's your awkward pose like?
byd
Posted 2009-10-06 6:41 PM (#118936 - in reply to #118920)
Subject: Re: knee - unrepairable torn medial

You should get some very close attention from your instructors for a while. Also, don't avoid postures so much as avoid pain. Your instructors can help you learn any necessary modifications.

Sorry, not very helpful, I know but it's really the only way to work with injuries.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)