YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Walking meditation
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Meditation -> General MeditationMessage format

Fenix
Posted 2009-09-28 2:48 PM (#118712)
Subject: Walking meditation

Hello,

I have took up walking meditation as a daily habit for the last 2 months or so now, and have found some difficulty in the awareness of my body. I start down from my heels and work up from there threw every muscle that i relax after coming aware of it and well truthfully speaking I dont, cause I havent got further then my heels!
I can somewhat concentrate on my heels now, the experience of them threw out my session, but when I try going further on to say my ankles I kind of forget about my heels and kind of lose track of them so to speak of and they tense up or i get fustrated.
Is there something im missing, whats wrong? Should i just go on threw out my body regardless? Any constructive adive will be appreciated,

Thanks to them in advance who find the time and will to provide advice
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jyoga
Posted 2009-09-29 5:52 PM (#118761 - in reply to #118712)
Subject: RE: Walking meditation

Walk during meditation!!!!!
Is that possible?
I never heard of it..
Fenix
Posted 2009-09-30 1:50 PM (#118780 - in reply to #118712)
Subject: Re: Walking meditation

http://www.wildmind.org/walking/overview

go have a look, maybe youll like it

Posted 2009-09-30 2:18 PM (#118782 - in reply to #118712)

I took a strolling savasana my first couple of years of asana practice.
lukas.errych
Posted 2009-10-04 2:23 AM (#118878 - in reply to #118712)

I think you must feel the atmosphere around you when you do walking meditate, just feel it.... let your mind sets free.. let your soul feel the freedom... I think it will help,... do not think to much when you do meditation, just let it flow, your mind, your body and your soul...
Jyoga
Posted 2009-10-04 11:28 AM (#118880 - in reply to #118780)

Fenix - 2009-09-30 1:50 PM

Wow!
It's really nice. Meditation is the higher stage of yoga, 7th step right. But here it looks like a simple technique. And anybody can do it. Thank you for sharing..
Yogacharyatonmoy
Posted 2009-10-04 8:52 PM (#118896 - in reply to #118880)

Extreme Veteran

Jyoga - 2009-10-04 11:28 AM

Fenix - 2009-09-30 1:50 PM

Wow!
It's really nice. Meditation is the higher stage of yoga, 7th step right. But here it looks like a simple technique. And anybody can do it. Thank you for sharing..

Yes, It is..........
Claudiosee
Posted 2009-10-30 3:04 PM (#119298 - in reply to #118712)

Something I heard of is called focusing. You go through your body, sense the skin, muscle, tendons and hair if any on that part, then move on. What I mean is that after you've done the heels - forget about them and move on to the next one. You can't remember all of it at once - that's too much to think about.
Sutemi
Posted 2009-12-27 2:58 AM (#120243 - in reply to #118712)

Hi ya , I have practiced meditation (Raj Yoga) for 35 yrs and also 2 different forms of Tai Chi (Lee, Yang family) for flexibility and exercise and find that it is a beautiful follow up, after my formal meditation sessions. In Tai Chi the breath is very important, the ‘form’ being synchronized to this basic rhythm. Perhaps this might help you to experience what you feel you are lacking? I find that after centering myself in meditation the movements become like a dance, a dance with ‘the feeling of Peace’ acquired in the formal meditation, although Tai Chi on its own will bring a calming of the mind, I wouldn’t give up my formal meditation for it.
Bill888
Posted 2010-05-01 1:13 AM (#122625 - in reply to #118712)

Here is what works for me-- I don't concentrate on my feet, I concentrate on the feelings or sensations in my feet.

Fenix - 2009-09-27 11:48 PM

Hello,

I have took up walking meditation as a daily habit for the last 2 months or so now, and have found some difficulty in the awareness of my body. I start down from my heels and work up from there threw every muscle that i relax after coming aware of it and well truthfully speaking I dont, cause I havent got further then my heels!
I can somewhat concentrate on my heels now, the experience of them threw out my session, but when I try going further on to say my ankles I kind of forget about my heels and kind of lose track of them so to speak of and they tense up or i get fustrated.
Is there something im missing, whats wrong? Should i just go on threw out my body regardless? Any constructive adive will be appreciated,

Bill888
Posted 2010-05-01 1:49 AM (#122627 - in reply to #118712)

Here is what works for me-- I don't concentrate on my feet, I concentrate on the feelings or sensations in my feet.

Fenix - 2009-09-27 11:48 PM

Hello,

Meditation & Unity
Posted 2010-05-25 2:09 AM (#123105 - in reply to #118712)

When I first heard of walking Yoga, I amazed how one can do Meditation by keeping an eyes open. And for a long time I thought Walking Meditation is not true.

But when I was traveling Himalayas last year, I met one Yoga Guru-Unity. He was excellent in Walking Meditation as he is walking miles and miles every day.

I got some very good tips on Walking Meditation from Unity. Since then I am doing walking Meditation and get some grip on it.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)