YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Cool experience while meditating! What happened?
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Meditation -> General MeditationMessage format

MRH84
Posted 2009-09-25 1:28 AM (#118633)
Subject: Cool experience while meditating! What happened?

Hi guys (and girls)!

I've been meditating for about two weeks straight, every day. I started simple with 10/15 minutes, gradually went up to 30 minutes, and yesterday I meditated for an hour for the first time.

The hour went by fast, only problem I had was my back which hurt a bit, plus my legs fell asleep alot (I can't really do the full lotus position yet)

I always meditate with my cell phone in front of me, and the alarm clock on the cell phone turned on. Yesterday I tried something new which I have read in Zen Mind, Begginer's Mind, that I should bow to Buddha 9 times after meditating.

Anyway, I'm sitting there meditating and I'm starting to feel anxious. So, I get a quick thought in my head: ''What if I start bowing now, wouldn't it be cool if my alarm clock went off at the exact moment I did the 9th bow???"

I started doing the bows, counted slowly up to 8... On the 8th bow I paused for a little while. Just to make sure that my bows was random. I don't know why, maybe to prove something to myself. That there really are higher powers or whatever, lol!

On the 9th bow, at the exact same moment my forehead touched the floor.... THE ALARM CLOCK WENT OFF!!!

It was one of the weirdest and coolest experiences. I was filled with peace and joy, got the goose bumps and even started laughing by myself I loved it!!

But, what could this be? Is it just a coincidence? How does my mind know the exact measurement of an hour? Was I guided by something/someone else, in my quest for ''proof'' of spiritual existence??

-Marius
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Yogacharyatonmoy
Posted 2009-09-25 12:24 PM (#118644 - in reply to #118633)
Subject: RE: Cool experience while meditating! What happened?

Extreme Veteran

Namaste Marius!
Some incidents are there happening in this world, which cannot be explained in words and cannot be solved by arguments. You only can feel those glorious moments by your heart. However, I believe this was not just a coincidence. Spiritual existences are of course there around us. And you were guided by that power I am sure. We should not discuss that incident openly this way. Lord Buddha is one of the greatest Yogis in this world. These Yogis never die they just live their body. And if we can devote our mind completely then we can experience their existence in our life. This “complete devotion” is described as “Purna Saranagati” by Lord Krishna to Arjuna in Bhagabad Gita. Some people achieve success in Yoga-Sadhana very early because of their “Previous Good Karma.” You need a teacher to guide you practically face to face. Thank you Marius for sharing your experience with us. I wish you all the best……
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)