YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

if you dont lock your knees, i guess you get sore knees?
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> Bikram YogaMessage format

huishan
Posted 2009-09-21 8:08 AM (#118524)
Subject: if you dont lock your knees, i guess you get sore knees?

hey guys, i guess you guys have been asked many questions about locking the knee.

when we do not lock our knees, at the end of the session, do we get sore knees? is that a clear indication that we werent locking our knees? what i mean by sore knees is that muscles surrounding the knee is a little sore. its not painful, the feeling is just annoying, and it seems like the knee will automatically lock itself.

so is it a clear indication that im not locking my knee enough in certain postures?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
jtho
Posted 2009-09-21 8:09 PM (#118529 - in reply to #118524)
Subject: Re: if you dont lock your knees, i guess you get sore knees?

booo, I responded to this earlier but guess I didn't click Submit?

The pain in your knees could be from many things - not locking them, having your weight in the wrong part of your foot when balancing on one leg (often rolling to the outside of the foot, instead of evenly distributed), or an old injury resurfacing, or doing a posture incorrectly. . . .

When your knees are locked, your quads should be engaged. If you are just pressing your knees back, then you need to work on using the quads.

I would try to pay attention during individual poses, for two reasons. First, make sure that you are locking, check where your weight is, make sure two-hips-in-one-line when that is called for, etc. Secondly, see if you can tell if any one or two postures is what is causing the pain. Then, you can talk to your teachers after class about it. Also, notice whether the pain is behind your knee, to the outside of your knee, or wherever else it is - that will help your teachers to isolate what the problem could be, too.

Good luck!
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)