YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

any tips for someone heading off to Vegas training?
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> Bikram YogaMessage format

yanivnord
Posted 2009-09-19 10:13 AM (#118459)
Subject: any tips for someone heading off to Vegas training?

I know there's been a lot of discussion here around the impact of the franchising decision on the training program, as well as some concerns raised about how the staff is compensated.

I have a few more mundane questions.

- What's the best and most cost-effective way to feed myself during training, assuming that I'll be staying at the Hilton?
- Do I need to bring my own towels for class? How many do you suggest?
- What if I don't like my roommate?
- I'm a guy - how many pairs of shorts should I bring?

And yes I know I am neurotic.

Thanks for any tips!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Posted 2009-09-19 9:04 PM (#118473 - in reply to #118459)
Subject: Re: any tips for someone heading off to Vegas training?

They will provide all the towels for you.

If you don't like your roommate, you will learn to get along with someone. Don't worry, they keep you on a full schedule, so you won't spend much time awake in your room anyway.

You want enough clothes to get through 11 classes without doing laundry mid-week. You can get by with less than 11 outfits if you want to wash stuff by hand after classes.

Here is a fairly epic guide to teacher training. The blogger went to training when it was in Acapulco, but it was a pretty similar resort hotel set-up there. http://yogabootcamp.blogspot.com/2008_06_01_archive.html
monkeypicked
Posted 2009-09-19 10:53 PM (#118480 - in reply to #118459)

As a guy, here is the best tip I have. Go buy 6 pairs of speedos, I like straight legged, but whatever. You can wash them in a minute, and then dry quickly. Plus they are the best thing to practice in.
Beyond that... Yup, no worries about towels. Learn a ton of dialog this week. Don't stress as much as possible, just do what you have to do.
The best thing I learned at training was that there is always more that you can do.
Best wishes and best luck and hopefully I'll make it out to Vegas at some point.
dcellere
Posted 2009-09-22 9:37 PM (#118568 - in reply to #118459)
Subject: RE: any tips for someone heading off to Vegas training?

yanivnord - 2009-09-19 10:13 AM

- What's the best and most cost-effective way to feed myself during training, assuming that I'll be staying at the Hilton?

Regarding food... I hear there is a market nearby. When I went in the Spring, I lived off of cold cut sandwiches and fruit smoothies. Bring a blender of some sort (I had the Magic Bullet, which was the perfect size for me). You'll find that your appetite end up changing quite a bit. I ended up never being hungry, but was eating because I knew I had to sustain myself. And a lot of other people felt the same way. you'll figure out what works for you. I'd also recommend having nuts and tons of fruit. Things that you can quickly snack on before in between lecture and class.
freiamaya
Posted 2009-09-22 9:51 PM (#118569 - in reply to #118459)

So the price doesn't include food? I was wondering about that, because I'm looking into taking the training...Good to know! I guess buying a mini-microwave would also be helpful I imagine.
Freia
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)