YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

pressure feelings on the heart when I meditate
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Meditation -> General MeditationMessage format

vrmanoj
Posted 2009-08-23 12:08 PM (#117877)
Subject: pressure feelings on the heart when I meditate

Peace and Love,
I have always been close to meditation at a very basic level of staying aware with my eyes closed for several minutes. I have only recently noticed that whenever I meditate in a spiritually charged place such as a tomb of a saint, I feel a strong and gentle pressure on my heart. It is like the heart is being gently squeezed..and it's during this time that I would have concentrated on telling the saint my problems in my mind. Yesterday, I was doing this in a tomb and I felt a strong pressure on my heart. What surprised me was that it also was accompanied by a throbbing feeling in the space between my eyebrows..supposedly where my third eye was. I neither felt drained nor energized...I just felt as though some presence or the saint himself had somehow reached me and it was creating these changes. I would like to explore these feelings and I do not know whom to ask. Could someone please explain these feelings...until recently, I have never had such strong pressure on my heart as such..I actually feel a strong feeling through my heart, especially when I listen to music such as a powerful ballad or the heart sutra buddhist song. Yesterday, it was accompanied with a strong feeling between my eyebrows.Could someone please be kind enough to help me understand what is going on and how I can develop these senses ?
Thanks and love.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
vrmanoj
Posted 2009-08-28 4:12 PM (#117980 - in reply to #117877)
Subject: Re: pressure feelings on the heart when I meditate

That was very very informative Carson..I am from India. Thank you so very much. Peace and love to you !
Yogacharyatonmoy
Posted 2009-09-19 8:25 PM (#118471 - in reply to #117980)

Extreme Veteran

Namaste Manoj!
Thanks for sharing your experience during Meditation. Where are you located in India? Please practice Meditation under guidance of an expert Meditation teacher there. This is the right time to go ahead with the practical guidance of a Yogi.
I wish you good luck
Meditation & Unity
Posted 2010-05-25 3:27 AM (#123113 - in reply to #117877)

vrmanoj,
Thanks for sharing your un-usual experience.

I had consulted your situation to my Meditation Guru-Unity. He suggested that this happens due to lots of negative thoughts running in our mind.

It will be good if you can provide more information on, what is your regular diet and about your day to day routine and so on...

AndreasMamet
Posted 2010-05-31 10:28 AM (#123254 - in reply to #117877)
Subject: RE: pressure feelings on the heart when I meditate

The experiences you have are both chakras, the heart and the third eye, attempting to open. Probably triggered through your being in a sacred place, and perhaps you have a longing for the sacred ... are are just getting ready.

What does it mean when chakras get stimulated and begin to open?

There are degrees to chakras being stimulated, but when the stimulation reaches critical mass, the sensation, the electricity or the pressure ---- gradually or suddenly ---- turns into space. When that happens .... it is quite a surprise. Then the space continues to expand. That expansion process also is subjected to levels and degrees. The biggest obstacle at this point is that part of you that watches this with surprise and you will be tempted to break the process, because you are surprised or afraid. At that point, say a little prayer .... and TOTALLY SURRENDER. Also, go to the very center of the chakra, whether it is the heart or the 3rd eye.... and retain your attention there, no matter what happens. (More energy will happen, also pretty astounding visions will come. That will only break your attention, and it will stop the expansion of space.)

What you are looking for .... is not those phenomena of pressure, tingling, etc....
but the EXPANSION OF SPACE. The advantage to working with the heart is that whatever you find there.... the SPACE will be flavored with sweetness. It is not like that in the 3rd eye.

You are on track.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)