YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

trembling body during meditation
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Meditation -> General MeditationMessage format

elaltaico
Posted 2009-08-14 1:40 AM (#117672)
Subject: trembling body during meditation

Hello

I did not get any education for meditation or I did not try meditation with a tutor. I have been trying meditation for months and I can see clear result for meditation. Unfortunately, I can't tell I came inside for meditation. I am still near the door. After some minutes of relaxing and not thinking anything or after getting a clear mind, my body starts trembling and i feel like i am gonna die soon or something like that. I can still feel the control on my body but the trembling or & shaking of my body scares me. Trembling & shaking of body & feeling like dieing are common on meditation process or I am doing something wrong? I thought maybe I force myself to meditate or to clear my mind and that's why my body is trembling but I do not think so. Could someone pls inform me about this situation? Do you think everything is normal or I'm doing something wrong?

Best Regards
Altayli
Top of the page Bottom of the page
elaltaico
Posted 2009-08-21 1:23 AM (#117842 - in reply to #117672)
Subject: Re: trembling body during meditation

Helllo

Some people tell me it's normal and i should continue to get a solution but that trembling scares me and a couple of minutes later i give up meditating or my body gives up automatically. Some people told me I have lots of energy and it happens because of that energy and I should spend my energy before meditating. I go to gym everyday and I changed my meditation times from morning to night after this offer. Unfortunately, everything seems same. Again, I started trembling before meditation. This trembling starts a couple of minutes later after trying to get meditation. When my mind is absolutely clear and when I feel maximum relaxed, I feel like I am going somewhere. It's something or some feeling that I can't explain. After that, trembling starts. I think it scares me that's why I stop it. Maybe I should make me believe myself that everything is gonna be better soon. I really do not know. If you share your opinions about this, I will be so happy. Thank you so much from now.

Regards
Altayli
elaltaico
Posted 2009-08-25 2:21 AM (#117893 - in reply to #117842)

Hello CarsonZi

It is just only simple meditation practise. I even do not know the terms that you mentioned. I lay down, close my eyes and do not think anything. I heard it from a book and searched frm internet and I spoke with the people who tries it. I have been trying meditation for 1 year(but I did not try it every week). I am neither vegetarian nor vegan.

"There are a few particular practices that I know of that work fantastically for this purpose....if you want let me know and I can point you in their direction."

I will be so glad if you can CarsonZi.

"I can almost guarantee that this is simply some heavy purification happening. In order for me to suggest an appropriate solution though I need to know what style of meditation you are practicing."

CarsonZi I do try simple meditation. I meant as I described above sometimes I lay down sometimes I sit and do not try to think anything and try to clear my mind and a couple of minutes later I do not try to think anything, because I feel that my mind is already clear and I do feel I am going somewhere and after that this shaking starts which corrupts my meditation attempt later. I would be glad if you can advice me some style of meditation.

"These are advanced states of meditation and if you are hitting these levels of meditation then I am sure that this is purification and not something strictly physical. "

I do not know if I am hitting some levels of meditation but shaking starts when I have a very clear mind. Because, I am feeling that I am going somewhere or I am going nowhere or I am at nowhere. Well, it's a feeling which I really can'T describe.

"What exactly are you afraid of?"

I feel that I am gonna die soon or I am losing my mind. I think that scares me a lot.

"Once you can see that there is nothing to fear, perhaps these excessive vibrations will begin to cease."

"Personally I think that this will likely pass when you find a practice set that isn't too energetically stimulating and becomes stable and rountine, and once this blockage is dissolved."

Could you please advice me a different meditation method? Because I do not have any tutor which tells me a direction or a method to follow. I read from books,internet and I spoke with some peope who meditates or who tries meditation and I have been trying it for one year and now I am at that step. I would be so glad if you can help me. Looking forward for your replies.

msn: ulutonyukuk@hotmail.com

Regards
Altayli

Meditation & Unity
Posted 2010-05-25 3:48 AM (#123115 - in reply to #117672)

This is really strange feeling, I never heard of it.

elaltaico!
I suggest you should consult Meditation Guru.

AndreasMamet
Posted 2010-05-31 10:06 AM (#123253 - in reply to #117672)
Subject: RE: trembling body during meditation

The experience you have is very common for people who successfully meditate. The shaking and trembling is happening because the simple act of sitting and meditating, FOR YOU, seems to activate Kundalini emanations. This is Kundalini energy being disseminated through your body.

Your body, not being used to this, starts to tremble and shake. Imagine a lightbulb that is used to a certain frequency. Now, suddenly more electricity goes through it. The wires will get hotter and if you could ask them, they would probably say "Hey, we are shaking and trembling."
The first time this happened to me was almost 40 years ago. Except that I was trained by an Indian Yogi at that time, was told to expect that. I was not afraid.
I would recommend you find a competent teacher of meditation, somebody who is wise and with deep experience.

There are many people who are looking for this type of experience (Kundalini) and not getting it, no matter how much they try. The fact that it is coming to you, may have to do with previous exposure to meditation. I also suspect you belong to a gene pool of heightened energy sensitivity. I would be interested to find about the life of your grandmother and great grandmother.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)