YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Hi
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> Ashtanga YogaMessage format

bluewave
Posted 2009-06-08 2:36 PM (#116403)
Subject: Hi

I am an an Ashtanga practioner based in the south west of the Uk and just wanted to say hi to everyone
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Posted 2009-06-08 3:55 PM (#116404 - in reply to #116403)
Subject: RE: Hi

Welcome Gail! You down Cornwall way?
bluewave
Posted 2009-06-08 4:16 PM (#116405 - in reply to #116404)

Hi Bruce and thank you,
I am in the neighbouring county of Devon, am thinking of relocating to Cornwall ( to late to benefit from John Scott's teachings though since he has moved) the South West is a lovely area, have you ever visited ?

Posted 2009-06-08 4:21 PM (#116406 - in reply to #116405)

I have visited and loved it! Lived in the Home Counties near Bedfordshire in the early 80s.
bluewave
Posted 2009-06-08 4:29 PM (#116407 - in reply to #116406)

Cool ... you must come again to visit the Eden Project sometime, I made a return visit a few months ago now , it is incredible place to go.
Nick
Posted 2009-06-09 10:49 AM (#116414 - in reply to #116407)

Hi Gail,
Welcome from London ! I should be coming down to Cornwall this July, maybe we'll go to the Eden project if we can find a quiet day, sounds brilliant. Important things first though-fish and chips from Rick Steins after a hard day's mountain biking along the camel trail You've got to get your priorities

Nick
bluewave
Posted 2009-06-09 12:37 PM (#116416 - in reply to #116414)

Hi Nick,
Nice to meet you the trip to Cornwall sounds wonderful! I am not familiar with the camel trail though and I do hope getting your priorities right does not mean you neglect your practice ;)

I am going to Wiltshire at the end of July to a weekend workshop with Danny Paradise which I am really looking forward to

My last trip to St Austell, I took loads of great pics at Eden project that I forgot to save any camera battery for my excursion to Mevagissey and Helman's Tor ( my tour guide on that day was my friend and fellow artist who co-incidently did the sign writing for Rick Stein's restaurant )

Will you be stopping off in Devon on your way through to visit any Ashtanga teachers/ classes ?

Gail
Nick
Posted 2009-06-09 1:19 PM (#116420 - in reply to #116416)

Hi Gail,
I bet your trip to Wiltshere is at Ollie and Daniel's place-I taught there once, and Danny is my teacher, I had a class with him there once upon a time.
Part of my practice is to find the perfect fish and chips It's the mysterious seventh series that is like the holy grail for us mere mortals
My son is coming from Australia so I don't think I'll be coming out for any classes

Nick
bluewave
Posted 2009-06-09 2:41 PM (#116421 - in reply to #116420)

Hi Nick,
yes your correct been up there a few times before, I was up there last month at a workshop which was great fun and Danny and Ollie are lovely. I would also like to get up to Oxford again but it is not so viable a trip at the moment.

Blimey!! your son lives a long way away is he returning in search of perfect fish and chips as well ! guess you don't get to see him so often though :/

I will go down Cornwall way again home hunting but probably not until holiday season is over..maybe I will attempt to practice the mysterious seventh series you mention while I am there

Gail
Nick
Posted 2009-06-09 4:52 PM (#116424 - in reply to #116421)

Hi Gail,
I was Ollie's first teacher! Her brother is one of my oldest friends.
I'll tell you, Ozzie fish and chips can be really good-it's weird because they use fish I've never heard of, but lovely-especially when you're sitting on a sunny beach with miles of sand

Nick
bluewave
Posted 2009-06-10 6:36 AM (#116431 - in reply to #116424)

Hi Nick,
How wonderful ! small world isn't it I dont think I have met Ollie's brother, mind you I am still quite new to Ashtanga having only been practicing for 3 years. You must also know my teacher as he is good friends with Ollie and Daniel !

I am fortunate living near the coast to have access to a good variety of local seafood, but I dunno about the idea of fish and chips in Oz. I love trying different foods etc, it just doesn't sound like it would BE fish and chips over there, maybe I will get try one day to make a decision.

Gail
Nick
Posted 2009-06-10 8:15 AM (#116434 - in reply to #116431)

bluewave - 2009-06-10 10:36 AM

Hi Nick,
How wonderful ! small world isn't it I dont think I have met Ollie's brother, mind you I am still quite new to Ashtanga having only been practicing for 3 years. You must also know my teacher as he is good friends with Ollie and Daniel !

I am fortunate living near the coast to have access to a good variety of local seafood, but I dunno about the idea of fish and chips in Oz. I love trying different foods etc, it just doesn't sound like it would BE fish and chips over there, maybe I will get try one day to make a decision.

Gail

Hi Gail,
I lost touch with them both a few years ago-it's time to get back to them I'll get hold of her somehow.

This the the fish and chip shop to die for:
http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&tab=wl
It's on the great North walk which runs from Sydney up the coast, so endevour to arrive there at the end of the day, peel your rucksack of your sweaty back, dive in the water, then go order . Perfection
Nick
bluewave
Posted 2009-06-10 9:46 AM (#116435 - in reply to #116434)

Hi Nick,
I do have several contact adresses, I will PM you them, hope you don't mind...

I do know from having worked as a cook in my younger days there is a skill to cooking the perfect fish and chips, with care taken with the batter and oil temperature. Must say my favourite chips have to be made from new potatoes.The location when eating would definately make the meal far more enjoyable again

The link you posted ,unfortunately just took me to map of UK, so I will just have to take your word for it :/

Gail
Nick
Posted 2009-06-10 10:16 AM (#116437 - in reply to #116435)

Hi Gail,
Thanks for that, have got in touch. Sorry, google maps always seems to do that-Patonga beach, east coast of Australia!

Nick
bluewave
Posted 2009-06-10 10:56 AM (#116441 - in reply to #116437)

Hi Nick

just going to google that now.. got your messages and it IS definately a small world LOL

Gail
iandicker
Posted 2009-06-11 4:03 AM (#116458 - in reply to #116441)

Nick,

How are you? I've had fish and chips in Doyles on Watson's bay in Sydney and it was pretty good. Best one I've ever had was in Oban, Scotland. Can't remember the name but Rick Stein went there for one of his TV shows. Not sure you'd want to swim in that bay though!

Ian
Nick
Posted 2009-06-15 3:57 PM (#116521 - in reply to #116458)

Hi Ian,
Astoundingly, I'm pretty good actually! My son's coming on the 5th so it's all systems go. I'm all fired up to be the ultimate dad How's everything with you?

Nick
iandicker
Posted 2009-06-16 12:09 PM (#116529 - in reply to #116521)

Good too thanks Nick, though working too hard at the moment!

Yesterday's practice I managed 25 breaths in headstand, up and down without falling over and in the middle of the room for the first time! Woo hoo!

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)