YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Neti wont drain!
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Wellness -> General WellnessMessage format

YogaSlut
Posted 2009-03-25 6:41 PM (#114939)
Subject: Neti wont drain!

I just bought a Neti Pot today, and I've been trying for literally an hour to get it to work! I've tilted my head every angle and it still wont drain. I don't think I'm congested either, HOWEVER... before I bought the Neti, I used a squirt bottle and when I squeezed, the water went out the other nostril because I basically forced it to, but that's probably not safe. Also, when I exhaled out my nose while using the squirt bottle, the water brained out my other nostril, but a lot also went down my throat. I'm getting to discouraged and I need some advice. I really want this to work! I have crappy sinuses.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Posted 2009-03-25 7:04 PM (#114941 - in reply to #114939)
Subject: Re: Neti wont drain!

Dear yogaSlut (love the moniker!), there's a trick with the netti you didn't need to do with the sqeeze bottle and I don't know if I can explain it--you need to relax the throat and get the glotis to open up--try standing up right and part your lips then kinda get a rhythem of breathing equally through the nose and the mouth--smooth and relaxed. you should get a feeling that your entire system is open and relaxed. then keep that breathing and feeling going and tilt your head and slowly let the ole netti pot do its thing. You'll probably feel the need to lock that throat at the first sensation of the water--just back off, get the breathing going again and right back at it. Hope this helps!
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)