YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

The inner music
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Meditation -> General MeditationMessage format

Squaell
Posted 2009-02-28 5:41 PM (#114018)
Subject: The inner music

Hello

I was meditating and got sensation in right ear so i have focused on it and from there on i hear The inner music now 3rd day , so i need to know for what it is good and what should i do next.

The inner music is also known as anahat nadam in India (means unstruck sound), celestial music, celestial sound, soundless sound, unstruck music and other terms.

Top of the page Bottom of the page
kulkarnn
Posted 2009-02-28 11:58 PM (#114027 - in reply to #114018)
Subject: RE: The inner music

If you are enjoying it without any stress during or later to meditation, and if that sound and enjoyment is compatible with your goals of meditation, you should not worry and you should continue this focus. To know exactly and fully what is happening, you should continue this practice for long time, say 1 year. You should NOT ask this question to those who have NOT done such a practice and should NOT use their opinion. This is my opinion!!!

Squaell - 2009-02-28 5:41 PM

Hello

I was meditating and got sensation in right ear so i have focused on it and from there on i hear The inner music now 3rd day , so i need to know for what it is good and what should i do next.

The inner music is also known as anahat nadam in India (means unstruck sound), celestial music, celestial sound, soundless sound, unstruck music and other terms.

Squaell
Posted 2009-03-01 1:25 AM (#114029 - in reply to #114018)
Subject: Re: The inner music

Yes i know but i am alone for this without somebody who could teach me about it something thus it is complicated and i need some advice , but that is right that i should not talk with people that not learning same thing they throving just bricks under mine feet.
kulkarnn
Posted 2009-03-01 6:34 AM (#114032 - in reply to #114029)

Good. See my PM. Or, email me.

Squaell - 2009-03-01 1:25 AM

Yes i know but i am alone for this without somebody who could teach me about it something thus it is complicated and i need some advice , but that is right that i should not talk with people that not learning same thing they throving just bricks under mine feet.
Ginkgo
Posted 2009-03-12 2:00 AM (#114486 - in reply to #114018)

I am an expert on this. If you do a search for those words, you find tons of information. I belong to a large group that does 4 techniques of meditation. That is one of them. They no longer discuss what this is but what the meditaion does.

If you look up the Sikh religion with the 10 Sikh Satgurus, they talk about it a lot. The first one was Nanak but Kabir was his guru and he talks about it a lot. Every 7 years all the cells in your body are different, so you are not your body. This sound is the sound of you, your soul. The other techniques are the other manifestaions of the soul like light and the primordial vibration.

This is turning your 5 senses inside. My group does inner light (sight), inner music, (hearing), primordial vibration (sense of touch) and nectar (for taste and smell). Other groups do just inner light and inner music like Eckankar (Paul Twitchel), John-Roger, Kirpal Singh group and Suma Ching Hai. Suma Ching Hai is a woman from Viet Nam.

This website tells all about meditation and what lots of famous people say about it-- the article on it. Enlightenment and Happiness. It has a link to the site about the meditation that I do. As far as the soul, there is really just one soul or supersoul. Sigmund Freud described an "oceanic feeling" as a sense of limitless and unbounded oneness with the universe.

The teacher of my group is called Balyogeshar in India (I am in Philadelphia and there are over a hundred people here doing this meditation). Balyogeshar means "born lord of the yogis." The above site tells how the purpose of life (what this meditation does) is a feeling of supreme happiness, perfect peace and endless love.
Ginkgo
Posted 2009-03-12 2:39 AM (#114487 - in reply to #114018)

I heard about this group at age 19 but I started doing yoga postures at age 12. After a few years, I would hear this inner music at about 15 years old which is years before I heard about what it was. I would hear it while doing the postures and would hear it afterwards while reading Indian scriptures.

I learned the postures from books at that time in Philadelphia. Also at age 12, I had a sifu (martial arts teacher in Chinese) that was teaching me Chinese kempo karate and tai chi. He was an American hippie. Now he owns the Martial Posture studio in Philadelphia and has a shaved bald head. At 13 years old, I had a Bar Mitzvah (Jewish rite of passage). My sifu came to my Bar Mitzvah. When I first met him (with my younger brother), he told us to call him seafood without the "d". The Beijing dialect of Chinese pronounces it more like she-foo.
Ginkgo
Posted 2009-03-12 3:05 AM (#114489 - in reply to #114018)

You are not the first person on this site to ask about this. Here is what a Google search for those words you mentioned shows:
http://www.yoga.com/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=23920&start=1

Boy that ecochuck has a big mouth (verbose) LOL!
Oz1
Posted 2009-03-14 8:04 PM (#114550 - in reply to #114018)

If you enjoy it, keep listening. But don't force it, that is counterproductive to meditation unless you're specifically doing mantra meditation. My opinion... mantra meditation always should go hand in hand with mindfulness, and forcing any mantra limits your awareness and your development. Strict mantra meditation promotes attachment.
Charan Saini
Posted 2009-03-18 7:20 PM (#114700 - in reply to #114018)

Hi,

Inner music ! Surely thats what we are all looking for...must be bliss.
I'm more focused on meditation of the heart chakraas, its my sancutary and very inspirational .....tuning inwards and being in tpuch with our innermost being and expressing it in our everyday life.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)