YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Meditation shows you the light of Spirituality
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Meditation -> General MeditationMessage format

hw2009
Posted 2009-02-23 5:34 AM (#113850)
Subject: Meditation shows you the light of Spirituality

We generally tend to see darker side of life and live in darkness. This doesn’t mean that we are living in a room without light instead it means that we are dark from inside. We think small, we act selfish, and we are merciless and rude in nature. This is not the way to lead life, thus we must adopt spirituality in our lives to change ourselves in a positive manner. To facilitate this transformation in our lives we must start doing meditation sooner rather than later. Meditation is the torch through which you can locate spirituality even in the world full of darkness.

This light is bought in through our soul which lies deep within our body. The idea is to uncover your soul which is hidden below your conscious mind. While doing meditation one learns how to ignore thoughts and how to focus on the current moment of life. Osho has come up with special modern meditation techniques known as active meditation. Under this, we perform activities like singing, dancing, clapping and celebrating life with joy. This enables us to forget all the problems of our life and provides our mind with much needed relaxation.

For contact us - vishal@spiritualuniv.org

For more information visit -http://www.spiritualuniv.org/
Top of the page Bottom of the page
way2turiya
Posted 2009-03-10 10:32 PM (#114430 - in reply to #113850)
Subject: Re: Meditation shows you the light of Spirituality

Well said. I sit for meditation without expecting any thing in return and just enjoy the breath as well as the relief from the burden of breathing constantly. 10 - 15min. I don't know this is the right approach. I found it easy to calm down after some exercises such as asana. Also pranayama greatly helps in me easing into the meditation. I just sit quietly sometimes for 5 - 15 mins not bothering about time or anything. Sometimes, visualize on the Om symbol or feeling the chakra points from mooladhara, swathisthana through ajana chakras; sometimes, I meditate on the five elements and see connection - earth under which I sit on, through water that's in my body, the air that surrounds my body, light as well as space. sometimes, I get a glimpse of light and tend to hold it for few minutes such as moon light, or candle light, and I feel warmth and heat growing inside my body. I wish to extend for little longer time. Some times I think, even if I do for few minutes, if I can fix my mind on one point without distraction, I feel good about it. If I couldn’t, I stopped worrying. I don’t know if I am approaching the aspect of meditation correctly? Appreciate your thoughts.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)