YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

looking for anusara instructors in cambridge, arlington
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> Anusara YogaMessage format

mtorrence
Posted 2009-02-17 12:01 PM (#113719)
Subject: looking for anusara instructors in cambridge, arlington

Hello,
I recently moved to the area from Cincinnati, OH, where there is a wonderful Anusara Yoga studio (Shine Yoga) and plenty of well-trained Anusara style instructors. I am looking to find a yoga home here..........can anyone suggest studios in the Cambridge/Arlington area that have great Ansusara classes? Can you also recommend specific Anusara instructors in the area?

I have attended a couple of (amazing) John Friend workshops in the Cincinnati area and am hooked on this approach. I would describe myself as an advanced beginner.

Thanks for any help you can offer!

Martha Torrence
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Posted 2009-02-17 2:14 PM (#113730 - in reply to #113719)
Subject: Re: looking for anusara instructors in cambridge, arlington

Julia Novina teaches at the Arlington Center (Mass Ave in Arlington) and other places. I don't do a lot of Anusara but I've enjoyed the couple of classes I've taken with her. She also keeps an up to date listing on her website of Anusara workshops throughout New England, and her mailing list is worth being on for updates on things like that. http://www.julianovina.com/anusara.html

Karma Yoga in Cambridge also has some Anusara inspired classes on the schedule, though I haven't taken any of them.

mtorrence
Posted 2009-02-17 6:04 PM (#113733 - in reply to #113730)

Thank you very much. I had found Julia Novina through a web search and am moving forward with contacting her and attending one of her classes.

I appreciate your response.
Julia
Posted 2009-03-30 10:12 PM (#115089 - in reply to #113719)

Hi Martha -
It is I, Julia Novina herself, now appearing on yoga.com. An Anusara enthusiast, Peter Goodman, used to keep track of all Anusara workshops in New England but he moved to Florida a few years ago and I took over the job. I only recently learned from Peter that he sometimes announced events on this site and he'd get inquiries about Anusara in the Greater Boston Area, so he suggested I check it out... I went straight to the "Anusara" forums and right near the top was your post, the subject asking for Anusara in Cambridge/Arlington to which the reply was to check out my classes & website! What a pleasant surprise!

Your name doesn't ring a bell, if you've come to the Arlington Center, but I'd be happy to see you and give you the taste of Anusara that you're craving. We don't have much Anusara here in the Greater Boston Area, but the few of us are doing the best we can to make it grow. We're a small group but friendly and welcoming! A great little kula.

I'm glad you found me and my site, and that aystam (the person who responded to your email) recommended my mailing list. I also keep a list of all local teachers on my website, it's a pdf document that you can download from the "anusara kula" page. It includes Elizabeth Brown at Karma Yoga, as aystam mentioned.

Since you wrote, I have joined two studios - one in Brookline Village and one in Cambridge. Monday nights at Yoga in the Village in Brookline Village and Thursday nights at Majestic Yoga in Cambridge. The Thurs night class is going to be taught on a 6-week enrollment basis, not drop-in. Just putting more options out there for you.

Anyway, thanks for your interest in Anusara. Every interested student makes our community grow stronger and more vibrant. I'm so pleased you love it and want to continue - I hope we in the Boston Kula can help you do so!

Love & Light,
Julia

ilchileesedona
Posted 2014-03-17 4:27 AM (#211354 - in reply to #113719)

Veteran

Well, I think this one is capable of doing so.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)