YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Question
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Meditation -> General MeditationMessage format

Squaell
Posted 2009-02-04 5:06 PM (#113375)
Subject: Question

Hello

I am new to meditation and i wanted to try it sooner , but had no information how to do it , recently i saw some videos on YouTube and have tried it out after first tests i experienced some benefits from meditation like relaxation of body and mind. And so i done it next time but this time i had feeling i should do it not in half lotus dominant hand above the other and first finger touching index finger but i should lean hands on knee and index finger touching first finger. Had no idea if this is even meditation position but i feel like that is right for me so i done it after 30-60 min i relaxed into state where i had no feeling of hands they disappeared i know they there but they were so relaxed. Next time did it again and now they not disappear but they become warmer more like rest of the body , even after i finish meditation they warm so it was fine with me i like warm hands , yesterday i meditated again and now they become warm and after hot i do not feel pain but they definitely very hot. So i decided to find some forum where somebody have experience and knowledge about meditation so i learn why they become hot what is happening?

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Posted 2009-02-04 9:53 PM (#113382 - in reply to #113375)
Subject: RE: Question

Since you are relaxing deeply, more blood is going to your extremities (like your hands). Normally your blood is about 98.6 degrees F, so if more is going to your skin, hands, feet etc, they will feel a lot warmer.

Squaell
Posted 2009-02-05 1:47 AM (#113384 - in reply to #113375)
Subject: Re: Question

Yes i would agree if it were every meditation like that so i would not post it here and the hands were not hot but it does no matter it does not hurt and heapened just once.
Oz1
Posted 2009-02-14 3:21 PM (#113630 - in reply to #113375)
Subject: RE: Question

Hi, I am intrigued by your post. I wonder if you feel attached to the sensations in your hands while you meditate. Also, perhaps you'd enjoy this body scan meditation to feel the sensations throughout your entire body:

http://www.meditation-techniques-for-happiness.com/body-scan-meditation.html

Enjoy your meditation!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)