YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

WHITE LIGHTNING
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Meditation -> General MeditationMessage format

Zanundan
Posted 2009-02-01 4:23 PM (#113310)
Subject: WHITE LIGHTNING

I recently read an old post titled "Warmth at Base of Spine" which refers to a strange, warm, tingling sensation that generates at the base of the spine during a hightened state of medition. What type of meditation this is, I'm not sure, as I do not practice yoga or know anything about yoga, really. But I'm interested.

Here's the deal: Since I was ten-years-old, I've had this strange ability to rapidly increase my heart rate by generating (what seems to be) electricity at the base of my spine, which can be described as a "warm tingly" sensation refered to in the post I mentioned above. I can do this at will at any time.

Here's how it works: I usually sit down, close my eyes, and (basically) stop breathing - but not for too long, of course! I gather a "sick feeling" in the pit of my stomach and (somehow) roll it up into a ball. My stomach eventually sucks up and the "sick feeling" rises to my chest, where my lungs fill up with hot air and my heart rate increases exponentually.

The feeling is incredible and very electric. I'm filled with a hot, white energy that can only be described as an orgasmic electric shockwave, and if I store this energy long enough (which I haven't been able to do for longer than 30 seconds) I feel as if white lightning will shoot out the tips of my fingers and eye sockets and my hair will burst into flames.

Wierd, I know.

My concerns are: Is this dangerous? Am I damaging my central nervous system? What the hell kind of meditation am I practicing here, anyway?

Could this be the "dark side of the force"?

Haha! J.K.

There seems to be some potential in this strange, if not spiritual experience. If anyone knows what this is and how I can harness it, please, let me know.

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Squaell
Posted 2009-02-04 4:53 PM (#113374 - in reply to #113310)
Subject: Re: WHITE LIGHTNING

Well i am new to meditation but try it without holding the breath maybe lack of air if just for small period of time cause that. What i heard masters can slow down heart beat but newer heard of increasing it because it can be done many ways.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)