YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Eating Disorders
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Wellness -> Women's HealthMessage format

tanyaacatherine
Posted 2009-01-07 11:14 PM (#112802)
Subject: Eating Disorders

Find the latest news and discuss the latest topics with members of the Bulimia and Eating Disorders Community.
-----------
Tanyaa
Bulimia News and Discussion Forum
Top of the page Bottom of the page
rowenalee
Posted 2009-07-23 11:31 PM (#117112 - in reply to #112802)
Subject: Re: Eating Disorders

What is Bulimia? Bulimia, also called bulimia nervosa, is a psychological eating disorder. Bulimia is characterized by episodes of binge-eating followed by inappropriate methods of weight control (purging). Inappropriate methods of weight control include vomiting, fasting, enemas, excessive use of laxatives and diuretics, or compulsive exercising. Excessive shape and weight concerns are also characteristics of bulimia. A binge is an episode where an individual eats a much larger amount of food than most people would in a similar situation. Binge eating is not a response to intense hunger. It is usually a response to depression, stress, or self esteem issues. During the binge episode, the individual experiences a loss of control. However, the sense of a loss of control is also followed by a short-lived calmness. The calmness is often followed by self-loathing. The cycle of overeating and purging usually becomes an obsession and is repeated often.

eft123
Posted 2009-08-19 12:58 AM (#117798 - in reply to #112802)

EFT is the new treatment for eating disorders. It resolves the emotional issues which pushes the person to either binge eating or not eat at all. Tapping techniques involve the fingertips applying pressure to the specific parts of the body to bring back the normal energy flow. Be part of the EFT training.

Edited by eft123 2009-08-19 12:59 AM
Karolina
Posted 2009-11-02 9:09 AM (#119334 - in reply to #117112)

rowenalee - 2009-07-23 11:31 PM

What is Bulimia? Bulimia, also called bulimia nervosa, is a psychological eating disorder. Bulimia is characterized by episodes of binge-eating followed by inappropriate methods of weight control (purging). Inappropriate methods of weight control include vomiting, fasting, enemas, excessive use of laxatives and diuretics, or compulsive exercising. Excessive shape and weight concerns are also characteristics of bulimia. A binge is an episode where an individual eats a much larger amount of food than most people would in a similar situation. Binge eating is not a response to intense hunger. It is usually a response to depression, stress, or self esteem issues. During the binge episode, the individual experiences a loss of control. However, the sense of a loss of control is also followed by a short-lived calmness. The calmness is often followed by self-loathing. The cycle of overeating and purging usually becomes an obsession and is repeated often.

How about other eating disorders? Foe example I don't know how this is called: when I have stress I am trying to forget the problem just by eating another piece of pie or pizza. How can I manage with it?
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)