YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

My Father Died
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Everything Else -> Generally OTMessage format

Cyndi
Posted 2008-12-15 9:37 AM (#112348)
Subject: My Father Died

Expert Yogi

Anyway, my Father died the other day and I'm going through this process - Yogic style. It's actually been quite fun until tomorrow, I have to go to the Baptist funeral and burial, and deal with the wicked step-mother, I'm half-joking. He died on December 11, 11 years after my Mother who died on December 10. I'm like thanks guys, now I can remember you both together..isn't that cool!

So, that's what's going on with me. I wish I had some like minded people to talk about all the other neat stuff with. The death process is such an interesting thing - on all levels.

My Father died at the hands of Western medicine, same old song and dance. He was going to the dentist this past October. He got really sick from the antibiotics he took for the infection that they say some people get and that's their preventative approach or whatever. So, he was put in the hospital, got better and was told it was his blood pressure meds that caused it - NOT antibiotics. Okay, so here it is December, let's try it again. Let's go revisit the dentist, take the antibiotics. This time it happened again, only he had a severe allergic reaction to the point where his throat closed up, he sufficated and died before the parametics arrived. I'm like WTF is wrong with these people and why did my Father not trust himself to know the difference, at 74 years old and in pretty decent health??!!? I'm so amazed at this and am so thankful for my life.

Okay, ya'll wish me luck tomorrow that I can endure all this. It's really hard to leave my peaceful mountains to the throws of hell, LOL!!!! I just love relatives and bible thumpers..it's going to be such fun.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Orbilia
Posted 2008-12-15 9:52 AM (#112349 - in reply to #112348)
Subject: RE: My Father Died

I'm so sorry to be reading your news Cyndi.

My own father died three years ago and although expected, was still very painful.

If you need to talk, just pick up the phone, ok?

Love you,

Fiona
Cyndi
Posted 2008-12-15 9:57 AM (#112350 - in reply to #112349)

Expert Yogi

Thanks Fee, I know that and don't bee surprised if your phone rings at 2 am.
tourist
Posted 2008-12-15 10:16 AM (#112352 - in reply to #112350)

Expert Yogi

Hi Cyndi - so sorry to hear about your father. No matter what weird and wonderful things our families do, they make us who we are just by being who they are, don't they? I know you are able to keep this all in perspective and bring the best of your father back with you to your sanctuary in the mountains. Take care! Hugs!
Cyndi
Posted 2008-12-15 12:09 PM (#112354 - in reply to #112352)

Expert Yogi

Yes, you are right on Tourist. I've been trying to teach this lesson to my children...to no avail, LOL!! This new generation just doesn't understand this concept about family and the histories and the genetics and all those things we inherit from our parents. I think most kids think only of the $$$, but they don't realize there are so many other things. Yes, I have a handle on the perspective part, it's the observance of others that disturbs me. The lack of sacredness is the number one issue I have. For instance....

On Saturday, I went to the hiking trails where me and my Father hiked. Where he hiked with my Brother and where we spent time together wholely(sp?) and completely. That was the place where I sat in the woods and could literlly hear my Father's soul. It was awesome and talk about finding comfort. To discover this with your parents after they are looong gone is a significant and what I would consider an auspicious moment for me. It was 11 years ago with my Mother. HOWEVER, if you tell things like this to the average person...they think your absolutely INSANE and OMG, how could you think you can go as far as to communicate with dead people, yadda, yadda. But, its not even like that and its not communicating with dead people, it's about being connected with them and honoring it - in a healthy and meaningful way. It's harder to do this with people who don't get it..in fact, it's what makes it sad and dark, which is where most people go when faced with death.

Yep, Daddy is here in the mountains. He probably knows these hills better than I, LOL!!

Edited by Cyndi 2008-12-15 12:13 PM
kristi
Posted 2008-12-15 2:18 PM (#112358 - in reply to #112354)

Veteran

My condolences dear Cyndi…
I feel close to you… I also lost my father last summer…
The pain is big, it’s like cutting a piece away from yourself…
Mine was... 97, a whole history, like a huge mountain, very talended, with a great sense of humor, very much beloved.
He passed away in a natural way, inside my arms, while my brother and I were holding his two hands.
It might be because of this "body connection" I had with him during all his last days, hours, moments, that makes me feel he is still near me. I dream of him almost every day and he is joking to me like he used to do.
But further more, like you have put it, is exactly what I also feel, that his DNA is inside me and alive.
The younger generation cannot feel this, only because they are still too young. No need to try to describe it to them. They will understand when they get more mature.
joscmt
Posted 2008-12-15 11:49 PM (#112361 - in reply to #112348)
Subject: Re: My Father Died

Cyndi- I'm sorry to hear about your father. Sounds like you have a nice connection to him in those ther' mountains! I truly believe in finding someone's spirit out there. I live in my Grandma's house- her name was Ruby. And I tell ya, since I got pregnant and after I had my Ruby, I have "heard" her voice more than once!
My condolences. Luv ya lady!
Orbilia
Posted 2008-12-16 5:17 AM (#112364 - in reply to #112361)

*hugs*

Fee
Cyndi
Posted 2008-12-16 6:57 AM (#112366 - in reply to #112364)

Expert Yogi

Thanks you guys....I'm on my way today. This is going to bee a short and sweet trip. Om Shanti Shanti Shanti Shanti Shanti Shanti-hi.

I hope ya'll are having a big time getting all your Christmas shopping done. I've been focusing on buying local hand crafted items...it's always a lot of fun. It's really nice for the local shops too. We've been blessed with some great customers for our jewelry and watch repair shop....so far so good. These ladies love Satyam and his work. I like him home every day...it's nice to have someone else to cook for a change...he cooks nepali/indian and I cook vegan/italian/native & americano.....it's a great blend.

Posted 2008-12-16 5:41 PM (#112370 - in reply to #112348)

Cyndi,
Sorry about your father. Remember that he's still there inside of you if that helps any.
Jim
Cyndi
Posted 2008-12-17 9:48 AM (#112377 - in reply to #112370)

Expert Yogi

I know my Father is inside of me, he lives within me and all my family. Yesterday was totally awesome!! We had the real southern baptist funeral for my father. In fact, it reminded me of a Cajun style funeral...well, only because me and my sister made it happen that way,

First of all we had to do a real church service for his funeral...OMG, I was dying in there trying to find something to like, and i managed to find the essence of it all, it was not an easy task let me tell ya!!

After church, we all got in our cars to the burial site which was over an hour away. OMG...the MOTORCADE literally drove me insane!! My sister and I rode together, while my children and her husband rode in seperate vehicles. She drove, I watched, observed...spoke out at times when she wouldn't catch up with everybody only to almost hit my step-brother's car in front of us!!! Glad I wasn't driving, heeheehee (She wanted to kill me afterwards!!) We got high and had a great time, with the execption of those cops on motorcycles...but I knew that was the only day that I could get away with being high and loosing myself compeletly and it felt sooo dam good!! Although, I did have to say NO!!! Absolutely NOT to the theme song from the "Man from Snowy River" playing on her music box...YUCK!! Don't get me wrong, I like it, but for some reason it just didn't jive with my mood at that moment, Oh my lord, I was feeling old at that point and couldn't take it!! After this point is when my experience took on meaning - on so many levels. My Father was a respected man in his world, and many people loved him. I was very proud to be his daughter. I was very proud to stand there at his grave and bid farewell. The best part, is that preacher who gave that sermon that I TOTALLY disagreed with, came to me afterwards and shared a beautiful conversation with me with respect for my belief and acknowledged my experience and my life with my Dad. I will NEVER forget that. I will also never forget all those lovely people who stood there, some I had no earthly idea who they were, but they were mostly older people - from his community and church, with me and my family supporting us and thanking us for sharing our lives with them through my Dad. I was also proud that my children and my children's Father supported me in a way that will last me forever in this lifetime. We will always cherish this memory. We had the serious service and the party afterwards..it was totally fine.

More to come as I think about it......Oh yea,

We ended up in a Chinese restaurant in this little town, that had been there since the beginning of time. I loved the after touch of the oriental music, the koi pond outside that we made wishes into, I could only drink the oolong tea as I was totally in a fast...at least that was a good excuse. The Chinese people were very accommodating and I felt right at home. They put us in the back of the room so we could have our party. Funny thing, the restaurant was real quiet when we arrived. Then after we got it going, the entire restaurant came alive....it was totally cool. This was a restaurant that we ate at in my teenagehood years with my Dad. It was totally fun!

Posted 2008-12-17 4:15 PM (#112383 - in reply to #112348)

Sorry to hear of your pop's passing Cyndi; i bet he was very proud of you as well--vaya con Dios.

Posted 2008-12-21 12:35 PM (#112465 - in reply to #112348)

cyndi:

i'm sorry for your loss. i find it really, personally inspiring to read about your process of working with his death. it is very profound, so thank you for sharing that as well.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)