YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

No really, I....
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Everything Else -> Generally OTMessage format

joscmt
Posted 2008-11-11 3:55 PM (#111882)
Subject: No really, I....

haven't fallen off the face of the Earth. With the site having problems for awhile, I took a break. And on that break, I now work full-time for my brother and SIL taking care of their kids. I needed a better situation for Ruby (restaurant not all that safe for a mobile infant) and they needed a new nanny. So, now my husband is at the helm of the restaurant (which, despite this economy is having it's best year ever) and I'm taking care of 2 10month olds and a 2.5 year old! Needless to say, I'm beat at the end of the night!
My yoga practice has beenb dismal... but I do little bits here and there throughout the day- more of a "living yoga" if you will.

Anyhoo, I've missed all of you and ZB, I want to know what you think of life with little Hawk!
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Cyndi
Posted 2008-11-11 6:08 PM (#111887 - in reply to #111882)
Subject: RE: No really, I....

Expert Yogi

Hey there,

Oh my...That's alot of kids, I suppose you could always start teaching baby Yoga, heehee

If its any consulation, I'm running 2 business's, going back to school full time (accounting), taking care of all the critters...including the thousands of bees....and somehow I still manage a once a week yoga class, most mornings a simple meditation and tai chi qi gong. Sometimes I feel like a crazy person...however, with a good nights rest, I somehow manage my day quite well. The interesting thing is....when I was younger, working in corporate America, I did less...and was totally stressed out ALL the time. Today, I am mostly peaceful and content with everything...especially after the election,

So, suffice it to say....if you can find the time to practice yoga, do so...it will make your life sooo sweet. Best wishes with your new situation. Do you do this at your house or theirs??

Glad to see you didn't fall off the earth......I think we're all still hanging on, by a thread, LOL!!!

P.S. The aquarium is awesome!! Jabu is getting huge. He and Pike get along just great...he was the only type of fish that would get along with him. Then I added 3 Red Hooks that are in the silver dollar family...they are also huge. I'll post a picture sometime when I have time,

Edited by Cyndi 2008-11-11 6:11 PM
joscmt
Posted 2008-11-11 6:38 PM (#111889 - in reply to #111882)

Hey Cyndi,
Yeah, I know what you mean. I want to try to practice some in the mornings. Ruby is sleeping a little later and I'm still getting up at 6.. which means instead of reading the news online with my breakfast and drawing everything out, I could feasibly do 30-45 min of yoga and have my breakfast afterwards. I think I always will do it at night after Ruby goes to bed, but I just don't have it in me. I do spend 1/2 hour or so doing some stretching.. but it's while I'm watching TV.. so while they are technically yoga asana- my mind isn't really in it- so it's really just stretching.
Wow! You sound like you have a lot on your plate.
I watch the kids at their house. It's a LOT bigger than mine. We set up a crib in their guest room for Ruby. Things are good with the kids- while it's physically demanding, it's really rewarding- it makes my soul feel good- which is something I haven't had being in the restaurant biz. Not to mention Dan and I don't work side-by-side, so it's better for our relationship too. I still do some of the marketing (email newsletter, blog) and the P&L's for the restaurant.. so I do a little there on the weekends and when the kids are napping.
Glad to hear your fish are doing so well! That's awesome! Talk about peaceful! I love sitting and watching my tank. Ruby loves it too!

Here's an updated pic:

(Halloween31 - Copy.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Halloween31 - Copy.JPG (27KB - 2 downloads)
Cyndi
Posted 2008-11-11 9:27 PM (#111890 - in reply to #111889)

Expert Yogi

Wow, Ruby is really cute...and all grown up now, I love playpins....such a lifesaver.

okay, here are my pics of the aquarium. I have this wierd algea blooming on the back side of the tank which I am not used to seeing...but it grows like crazy and the fish don't seem to mind it. although, I do scrape the back side every once in a while so I can see through it...my sofa is on the other side.

(Pike, Jabu and the 3.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Pike, Jabu and the 3.jpg (61KB - 3 downloads)
joscmt
Posted 2008-11-12 6:42 AM (#111896 - in reply to #111882)

It does look great! I'm so happy you were able to get everything up and running.
tourist
Posted 2008-11-12 9:59 AM (#111898 - in reply to #111896)

Expert Yogi

Hi jos! Ruby is gorgeous! What is she doing in a cheerleader outfit? Totally cute.

I did home daycare for years when the kids were little and I often had twins (one of mine and one of theirs the same age) so I know how busy it is. Nice that you can be in their house though. I often felt like I never left "work."

Babies make excellent yoga props. Upavista konasana with one baby on each top thigh is one of my favourites as long as they are similar in size.

Posted 2008-11-12 12:45 PM (#111902 - in reply to #111882)

ruby is adorable! how did she get so big already! it's hard to believe that she's just a few months away from being 1 yr old!

life with hawk is awesome!

i really enjoy being with him. he's such a friendly little flirt! he loves to be read to, he loves to move and play movement games, and he and his dad have a game we call "click" where ryan makes a clicking noise and then hawk tries to make it. and then they do patterns of the different clicking noises. it's pretty cool.

breastfeeding, ECing, his sleeping, and everything is going great. he's very strong and healthy, lots of fun, and of course just loves to be held and cuddled and played with.

i do get run a bit ragged, but thankfully my mother comes to visit every friday, so i get a nice nap in at least on those days. also, ryan takes him for a good while on sunday mornings, so i can "sleep in" between the 6 am feeding and the 9/10 am feeding!

teaching with him is going well, but he does want more attention now that before. he used to either sleep through class OR play quietly on his pillow-and-fleece, but now he'll nap, play, and then want to flirt and if i'm not flirting, he gets fussy.

so, i've started to trade babysitting for yoga for a few of my clients. and, i have a girl who meets me at differnt places to sit when i want to go to the rock gym for a bit or i want to go shopping for new clothes and need someone to hold him while i try things on. baby wrapping is great, but it's hard to try on clothes. LOL

oh, and hawk is long and thin--did i mention that? he's totally adorable, and the doctor says "well, he's lanky!" he's definitely keep up with his weight and everything, and he's a bright vigorous kid, so the doctor said to shush any naysayers about how thin hawk is.

which is funny, because only one person mentioned it to me as it was, and i just said "oh, the doctor says he's thriving!" and he is because he gains about an oz a day, but it's all in length. his clothes are so baggy, it's hilarious. we have to buy things for length, and then a friend of mine takes them in a bit so that they'll fit him (otherwise, things sort of slide off and shift around.

anyway, it's a lot of fun being with him. i really enjoy this lifestyle.

Posted 2008-11-12 12:51 PM (#111903 - in reply to #111882)

oh, and, i told a friend that i would do some babysitting/nannying for them when they need it. their baby is due beginning of december.

anyway, they might need a sitter in march--hawk will be about 6-7 months old, their baby will be 3-4 months old. and i'm thinking it might be too much for me. i'm not sure, but it might be.

i think that's because i do so much "in arms" and i don't know how much "in arms" hawk will want. . .though i know thata 10-12 wker like he is now definitely loves the "in arms" time.

can i hold on to two? i don't know. it's pretty crazy! i might be able to do it 2 days a week or so, which they said would make them happy because they are hoping to be able to work from home 3 days or have one work PT and so they'd only need PT childcare.

wearing, ECing, and nursing two like that? i don't know (and, no, i'll only nurse mine, and they'll likely pump breast milk, but still--feeding two little ones? and one being so long andl anky and active when eating. . .wowsa!).

yeah, i don't know if i can handle it.

and i get about 30 minutes of yoga in each day, but a good deal of meditation and contemplation while nursing! i nurse so often. LOL
joscmt
Posted 2008-11-12 3:40 PM (#111907 - in reply to #111882)

tourist- that was her Halloween costume

zb- yeah, nursing is a great time for meditation! Ruby was lanky too for awhile. It's just been in the last month or so that she is starting to fill out some. My niece is still in 6-9mo clothes at 10 months. She's a little petite one.
People will make all kinds of comments- as I'm sure you've noticed. That's great you can trade babysitting.. that's why I had to leave the restaurant. We couldn't afford a nanny (day cares don't exactly keep restaurant hours) and I didn't really want to afford one. So this ends up working out great. In terms of being able to do it, it really comes down to figuring it out when you have no other choices. You make it happen when you have to. You know? For me, it's a great stroller ( I have a double stroller with a sit n stand option for a toddler), a couple of walkers, loads of patience and planning.

Glad to "chat" with everyone! I've missed you all! I was so bummed about the website problems!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)