YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

eye problem
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Meditation -> General MeditationMessage format

Skew
Posted 2008-09-18 3:28 PM (#110931)
Subject: eye problem

hello, i have problem with my third eye. I started meditating first when i bought a book about kundalini and the chakras 8 months ago. After some time meditating i started feeling very strong vibrations on my forehead. Then one time i was just sitting in class at school and i literally felt like all of my energy started very forcefully going out through my forehead. Since that time i am consistently feeling energy moving around my whole head, not just the third chakra. I am really worried, i'm losing my sense of reality. I think that theres not enough energy in other parts of my body, i feel that all of it is going to my forehead.
Please help
Sorry for my english
Top of the page Bottom of the page
kulkarnn
Posted 2008-09-18 4:40 PM (#110934 - in reply to #110931)
Subject: RE: eye problem

If you can , come and see me in VA.

Skew - 2008-09-18 3:28 PM

hello, i have problem with my third eye. I started meditating first when i bought a book about kundalini and the chakras 8 months ago. After some time meditating i started feeling very strong vibrations on my forehead. Then one time i was just sitting in class at school and i literally felt like all of my energy started very forcefully going out through my forehead. Since that time i am consistently feeling energy moving around my whole head, not just the third chakra. I am really worried, i'm losing my sense of reality. I think that theres not enough energy in other parts of my body, i feel that all of it is going to my forehead.
Please help
Sorry for my english
Skew
Posted 2008-09-19 12:40 AM (#110940 - in reply to #110934)

sorry i live in lithuania, and i still go to shool everyday so i dont have that kind of money to go to the US. I know books and webpages and forums are really nothing compared to meeting a guru, but this option is not currently available for me. I've read in a book that physical activities help if you're an overly mental person, is that right? I will definitely try it out.

Pointing to the right direction would really help
tourist
Posted 2008-09-19 10:09 AM (#110944 - in reply to #110940)

Expert Yogi

skew - your english is great. I hope you have stopped doing ANY meditation? It is not something that should be tried on your own, as you now know. I don't know of an Iyengar yoga teachers in Lithuania, but there are several in Latvia:
http://www.bksiyengar.com/modules/Teacher/teacher4af7.html?Country=Latvia
which is pretty close to you. They may be able to put you in touch with someone closer to your home. Typically, Iyengar teachers teach asana and pranayama, not meditation, but as I said, they may be able to connect you with someone who is well trained and able to help you.
Skew
Posted 2008-09-19 12:17 PM (#110947 - in reply to #110944)

Thank you for your reply. Yes i have stopped doing meditation, but the problem is that i am feeling energy bouncing around my head whether i meditate or not. I know of several yoga teachers in lithuania, but i am not really sure if asana can currently help me. I've done some searching and found out that theres a reiki master in my city. They have this beginner energy configuration, wouldn't this be the best solution? I mean from their description i assume i go there and they configure my energy flow. That seems simple.
I can do asana maybe that will balance my energies, or maybe i have opened only my forehead chackras, so i could try opening other ones too, but obviously i need a guru for that, becouse i will likely get myself into more trouble if attempted alone.
I'm feeling quite manic these days, please help me to choose the right way...
Skew
tourist
Posted 2008-09-20 10:15 AM (#110965 - in reply to #110947)

Expert Yogi

As far as I know, Reiki is safe, but I don't know a lot about it. I do know that asana practice with a good teacher is safe and it will gradually open up the blocked pathways in your body for energy to move around more freely. I hope you are able to find some help soon.
Skew
Posted 2008-09-20 12:13 PM (#110967 - in reply to #110965)

Thank you for all your help, i really appreciate it. I've found several yoga classes nearby, i will go check them out soon. Thanks
kulkarnn
Posted 2008-09-20 9:34 PM (#110974 - in reply to #110940)

Where is Luthuania? Are you close to London? If you want help from me, you need to see me. I shall be passing through London mid Nov. Or, you can come to India in Winter.

Skew - 2008-09-19 12:40 AM

sorry i live in lithuania, and i still go to shool everyday so i dont have that kind of money to go to the US. I know books and webpages and forums are really nothing compared to meeting a guru, but this option is not currently available for me. I've read in a book that physical activities help if you're an overly mental person, is that right? I will definitely try it out.

Pointing to the right direction would really help
Skew
Posted 2008-09-21 9:42 AM (#110976 - in reply to #110974)

Lithuania is nearby Latvia, Poland and Germany, You can find more info here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lithuania
I will consider coming to London
kulkarnn
Posted 2008-09-21 9:09 PM (#110984 - in reply to #110976)

EMail me and I shall give you my arrival details. I am also going to be in Paris in April if that is possible. I wish you all the best.

Skew - 2008-09-21 9:42 AM

Lithuania is nearby Latvia, Poland and Germany, You can find more info here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lithuania
I will consider coming to London
Oz1
Posted 2008-09-25 10:11 AM (#111038 - in reply to #110931)

Dear Joris,

Don't worry, these things are perfectly normal. There's no magic involved in this, just plain and simple awareness. Keep meditating, but use a different method than kundalini. Some techniques aren't for everyone. Try a simple breathing meditation. Breathing is the most natural thing that we do, and doing it s-l-o-w-l-y, you should find it absolutely pleasant and relaxing.

This is the breathing technique that I use and base my meditation on:
http://www.meditation-techniques-for-happiness.com/breathing-meditation.html

So start with the fundamentals this time. You will do fine, Joris

Edited by Oz1 2008-09-25 10:12 AM
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)