YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Who says there......
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Everything Else -> Generally OTMessage format

joscmt
Posted 2008-07-28 1:34 PM (#109751)
Subject: Who says there......

is such a thing as nipple confusion? And, yes, that is a rubber ducky. Things you do in a pinch

(net ducky1.JPG)

(net ducky2.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments net ducky1.JPG (11KB - 29 downloads)
Attachments net ducky2.JPG (10KB - 27 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Posted 2008-07-29 8:46 AM (#109785 - in reply to #109751)
Subject: RE: Who says there......

wait? she's using the head of a rubber ducky? LOL that's hilarious!

cute pictures! i keep forwarding them to my mother. she keeps bouncing back between wanting a grandbaby boy and a grandbaby girl!

tomorrow is 36 weeks for us. we're putting pictures on the blog sometime tomorrow evening.

i'm getting closer to being finished with cleaning. two closets and one room left! plenty of time, right? right? please say yes.

oh, and we're going to install the car seat between 36 and 37 weeks. we figure that baby will come "late" as per normal for first timers, but since we want to be able to go to the doctor the next day, and we don't want to fight/figure out the car seat, we thought we'd install it early. can't hurt.
kulkarnn
Posted 2008-07-29 9:14 AM (#109787 - in reply to #109751)

Hey Marylisa: After reading the Zoebird's post, I understood what you are doing and meant. Are you trying to fool your baby? Please, please do not do that. Thanks in advance.

joscmt - 2008-07-28 1:34 PM

is such a thing as nipple confusion? And, yes, that is a rubber ducky. Things you do in a pinch
tourist
Posted 2008-07-29 11:13 AM (#109794 - in reply to #109785)

Expert Yogi

Very cute, marylisa! Hang on to that photo until she is old enough to get a giggle from it.

ZB - I am finding myself thinking of your baby as a boy right now. But then, I was completely convinced I was having a girl the first time and was 100% wrong, so my intuition on these things is not to be relied on at all. Don't forget to leave yourself a little bit of cleaning to do when the nesting thing REALLY hits!

Posted 2008-07-29 11:56 AM (#109797 - in reply to #109751)

seriously, i got up this morning at 6 am and did this:

1. cleaned the bathroom (including washing the shower curtain, towels, bath mats, etc);

2. cleaned the half-bath (towels as well);

3. changed bed linens and washed them; swept bedroom floor and dusted;

wandered downstairs and

4. did the dishes, then noticed that the stove top needed cleaning, so i cleaned the burner pans and burners too, and then realized that the fridge needed cleaning, so i did that, and then noticed that the floor needed cleaning--so i did that too.

5. looked up from the kitchen and cleared the dining room table, then cleaned and dusted the living room too, and then swept the floors.

the downstair's closet and laundry--i would love to clean them. but when, but how? whew.

then, i came upstairs and started working on the office-turning-into guest room--purging mostly--and then came online.

managed to get most everything done before 8. fast and furious. LOL

probably wasn't that dirty to begin with. LOL!
joscmt
Posted 2008-07-29 7:28 PM (#109806 - in reply to #109751)

zb- I think I got more done while I was pregnant than any other time. My husband just stayed out of my way when I got that "crazy look" I can't believe you are getting so close. Definitely a good idea to get the carseat in... might as well, right? I think I was 37 weeks when we did it because my Dad was positive Ruby was coming at 38 weeks..... I'm thinking a girl for you. Although, I had no real gut feeling about Ruby. Dan called it though.

Neel- Some babies have a hard time going from the breast to a bottle or pacifier. That is called nipple confusion. I am not trying to confuse Ruby. She stuck the duck in there all on her own. Worked out for me, because I was stuck at the restaurant without a pacifier.
kulkarnn
Posted 2008-07-29 11:11 PM (#109809 - in reply to #109806)

Please do not use the Pacifier also. Only your breast should be used.

joscmt - 2008-07-29 7:28 PM

Neel- Some babies have a hard time going from the breast to a bottle or pacifier. That is called nipple confusion. I am not trying to confuse Ruby. She stuck the duck in there all on her own. Worked out for me, because I was stuck at the restaurant without a pacifier.
joscmt
Posted 2008-07-30 9:13 AM (#109820 - in reply to #109751)

Not an option Neel, sorry. Unfortunately, I can't afford to have the lifestyle where I can be my baby's pacifier. She only uses it to go to sleep. I want her to be able to get to sleep with people other than me- my husband, my mother. I don't want her to be so attached that I am the only one to calm her.
kulkarnn
Posted 2008-07-30 10:02 AM (#109823 - in reply to #109820)

Well, you are the Boss, and you are Italian! I can not buy that there is no other method for you. Pacifier does not pacify, one looks pacified by sucking on an unhealthy thing. I know people in Afghanistan who put a small (very small!) amount of Opium in the mild of the child to pacify them.

I request you to at least research other ways to be Peaceful for your beautiful baby rather than be pacified or pacific.

joscmt - 2008-07-30 9:13 AM

Not an option Neel, sorry. Unfortunately, I can't afford to have the lifestyle where I can be my baby's pacifier. She only uses it to go to sleep. I want her to be able to get to sleep with people other than me- my husband, my mother. I don't want her to be so attached that I am the only one to calm her.
Orbilia
Posted 2008-07-30 11:03 AM (#109828 - in reply to #109823)

Generations of Scots follow(ed) my grandmother's habit of rubbing neat scotch into the gums of teething infants. Yep, probably not "PC" in health terms but effective and didn't seem to cause anything like the impact certain 'safe' medications have had in the past. Not that I'm advocating opium but I think we do have to consider that mankind has somehow managed to survive this long without being as anal as some are today about junior's exposure to dirt, eating coal/worms, etc, etc.

Fee
joscmt
Posted 2008-07-30 8:26 PM (#109857 - in reply to #109751)

Neel- I guess I shouldn't have said it's not an option.. it definitely is one, just not one I choose to go with.

Fee- around these ol' parts.. it was bourbon!
kulkarnn
Posted 2008-07-30 10:55 PM (#109861 - in reply to #109857)

Dear Marilysa: I did not recommend you that option. I gave it as a bad example. Please note that, if you have not already noted, when the baby is sucking on something, in order to get pacified, small amount of material of that thing is going into baby's stomach.

Actually, rubbing xxx on the foot as indicated by Fee will be less harmful in short run than intake of a rubber like substance.

joscmt - 2008-07-30 8:26 PM

Neel- I guess I shouldn't have said it's not an option.. it definitely is one, just not one I choose to go with.

Fee- around these ol' parts.. it was bourbon!

Posted 2008-07-31 1:44 PM (#109874 - in reply to #109751)

i have the 36 wk picture up on the blog now. or rather, ryan does.
joscmt
Posted 2008-07-31 9:45 PM (#109875 - in reply to #109751)

Ok...typically, I would say Boy after looking at your picture (you look awesome!) HOWEVER, I carried Ruby the exact same way you are carrying... so I'm going to have to stick with my girl prediction. So exciting!!!! I have to say though, I've only known one boy born this year- as compared to about 10 girls... so we need some more guys to fill the status quo!

Posted 2008-08-02 4:11 PM (#109949 - in reply to #109751)

when looking at other women, i can typically tell what they're having. a lower carry generally indicates a boy, whereas a higher carry indicates a girl. and yet, i have had the opposite to be true.

what is even more difficult is that i'm not sure how i'm carrying--the baby moves up and down throughout the day. early in the morning, the baby is lower than in the evening, and typically the baby is "closer in" in the morning (belly not looking as big) and "further out" in the evening (belly looking bigger). after yoga, it's definitely "in" but before or long after (a few hours), it's more out. LOL

who knows what all of this means anyway?

i'm excited to see what "sort" of baby i do have. it will help my mother out tremendously--she can buy too many clothes for it in the "right kinds." crazy stuff though.

tourist
Posted 2008-08-03 9:03 PM (#109987 - in reply to #109949)

Expert Yogi

Yep - mine were opposite - #1 son was high up and DD was low, low, low. It is fun to guess! And a bit of a luxury these days when everyone knows already. Actually, the most fun was back when the docs were bad at the testing and people got the "wrong" one! Fun for spectators, anyway...
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)