YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Meditation and Oxidation
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Meditation -> General MeditationMessage format

Rei
Posted 2008-07-16 12:55 AM (#109295)
Subject: Meditation and Oxidation

Hi,

I'm curious if anyone's ever thought about the correlation between the subject line's items. In all beginning forms of meditation there is a great emphasis on focusing on breath, in particular within deep breathing. I don't completely understand Yoga, but there is an likened requirement for using breathing as a focal point, akin to eastern forms of meditation, right?

My question, is there a point where your meditative practices are countering your own health, due to the fact that your taking in more oxygen than normal (through deep breathing), and thereby allowing more oxidation to take place? As you probably know, oxidation increases the deterioration of the internal and external body, but is a necessary evil with the presence of oxygen and the requirement of energy production.

I'm pretty sure I'm missing some vital understanding in regards to meditation, breathing and oxidation, but any constructive feedback or response is welcome.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Posted 2008-07-16 1:24 AM (#109296 - in reply to #109295)
Subject: RE: Meditation and Oxidation

Rei - 2008-07-15 9:55 PM

My question, is there a point where your meditative practices are countering your own health, due to the fact that your taking in more oxygen than normal (through deep breathing), and thereby allowing more oxidation to take place?

You should not be taking in more oxygen than normal in meditation. If you are breathing deeply, the point of that deep breathing is mental and physical relaxation. Deep breathing should also be slow breathing and therefore the oxygen intake should remain normal. There are pranayama (yoga breathing) techniques that increase oxygen intake, but they are not typically used for meditation and they are also only performed for a short period of time.
kulkarnn
Posted 2008-07-16 2:02 PM (#109331 - in reply to #109295)
Subject: RE: Meditation and Oxidation

Dear Rei: I am going to be brief as this can take a long time to really explain you. But, nevertheless, I am going to give you either a brief explanation, brief tips, or brief conclusion, as you might like to take it.

1. Meditation has NOTHING to do with Oxidation.

2. Breathing Practices is NOT a Meditation, but they are sometimes used for preparation for Meditation.

3. Breathing Practices that are used for Meditation have NOTHING to do with Oxidation.

Rei - 2008-07-16 12:55 AM

Hi,

I'm curious if anyone's ever thought about the correlation between the subject line's items. In all beginning forms of meditation there is a great emphasis on focusing on breath, in particular within deep breathing. I don't completely understand Yoga, but there is an likened requirement for using breathing as a focal point, akin to eastern forms of meditation, right?

My question, is there a point where your meditative practices are countering your own health, due to the fact that your taking in more oxygen than normal (through deep breathing), and thereby allowing more oxidation to take place? As you probably know, oxidation increases the deterioration of the internal and external body, but is a necessary evil with the presence of oxygen and the requirement of energy production.

I'm pretty sure I'm missing some vital understanding in regards to meditation, breathing and oxidation, but any constructive feedback or response is welcome.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)