YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Blocks in Surya Namsakar
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> Iyengar YogaMessage format

susbarb1
Posted 2008-07-08 9:10 PM (#108990)
Subject: Blocks in Surya Namsakar

I am not sure this is the correct board to post this, but since Iyenger practitioners have an extensive knowledge of props I hope I get some POSITIVE feedback.

I tried doing Surya Namsaskar using blocks and to my pleasent surprise was able to do the postures with far better alignment and actually not "pull" myself through. I finally felt the ease of vinyasa. My updog feels magnificent!!

I do have some trouble transitioning into and holding down dog using the blocks. I suppose it may be because I don't need them. I am not sure but  I cannot seem to "ground" my hands and fingers. I don't trust the block to support me.

Any feedback???

I am curious why I have never seen surya namaskar done with blocks.

Much Metta,

Susan

Top of the page Bottom of the page
kulkarnn
Posted 2008-07-08 11:16 PM (#108995 - in reply to #108990)
Subject: RE: Blocks in Surya Namsakar

Because: SN is a sequence or flow of poses to be done one after another. And, it is difficult to use blocks as a part of this flow.
susbarb1 - 2008-07-08 9:10 PM

I am not sure this is the correct board to post this, but since Iyenger practitioners have an extensive knowledge of props I hope I get some POSITIVE feedback.

I tried doing Surya Namsaskar using blocks and to my pleasent surprise was able to do the postures with far better alignment and actually not "pull" myself through. I finally felt the ease of vinyasa. My updog feels magnificent!!

I do have some trouble transitioning into and holding down dog using the blocks. I suppose it may be because I don't need them. I am not sure but  I cannot seem to "ground" my hands and fingers. I don't trust the block to support me.

Any feedback???

I am curious why I have never seen surya namaskar done with blocks.

Much Metta,

Susan

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)