YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

I'm turning into a BEE!
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Everything Else -> Generally OTMessage format

Cyndi
Posted 2008-06-27 8:42 PM (#108746)
Subject: I'm turning into a BEE!

Expert Yogi

Well, I think this is a first. Today I stung myself on the eyelid. I had come in from working the hives (stole a box of honey actually, ), took off my Africanzied Bee Suit mind you, while doing so, my hair had come loose from my pony tail and was bugging the crap out of my face. Well, I had not taken off my gloves yet, that had several bee stingers in the fingers. I went to scratch my eyelid and felt this burning sensation. I didn't think much about it, until I started feeling lots of burning. I looked around and on my gloves for a sign of a bee, no such sign, except I had a stinger in my eyelid - oops,

Sooo, all day long my eye has been puffed up. It looked horrible when the poison started spreading around the area. It's much better now and will be completely clear by the morning. But....

Wow!! So, I have a couple of bee sting remedies that all seem to work very well. The best remedy that I liked today for the eye lid was the Vinegar Compress. Then secondly was my blend of Fall Honey (which is made with Goldenrod flowers...good stuff for healing - not so good for eating (I don't like fall honey that much) ) and Turmeric. It was hard to put the honey/turmeric blend on the eye cause it's so heavy and all....the vinegar worked best for that area.

Hope you guys are all having a great summer. I am soo busy with these bees and my goings on. I'm taking vacation next week. Get this...I'm driving 20 mins from the house to a campsite on this beautiful lake that I live near. I'm going camping. BUT, I'm staying close by to keep a check on my honey in process and the critters. Dear Daughter is going to Camp for a month to work for her brother who is the program director. She'll be taking care of all the horses.

Meanwhile, my summertime book this year is "Stairway to Heaven"....a story about Led Zeppelin, duh! I can't believe I ended up with this book. My Step-father got it from some local flea market. He was going to read it because he thought it was a "religious" book....when I told him what it was, he gave it to meeee, how sweet, It's an interesting book indeed. I love these things...and I also love Led Zeppelin.

Ciao Ciao
Top of the page Bottom of the page
kulkarnn
Posted 2008-06-27 10:46 PM (#108749 - in reply to #108746)
Subject: RE: I'm turning into a BEE!

Hey CB: You only look good as honey maker. Do not try to be Honey Bee. That is impossible.

And, do not bite yourself and others.

Now, I am scared of visiting you.

But your candles are making me enlightened in material and spiritual sense, no doubt.

Edited by kulkarnn 2008-06-27 10:47 PM
bstqltmkr
Posted 2008-06-28 2:21 PM (#108752 - in reply to #108746)

Hey Cyndi, we always used mud, so I guess here's to some mud in your eye. Hope you're feeling better.

I went to the library and got a stack of books I've yet to have time to read. I'm hoping to have nothing to do soon.
Cyndi
Posted 2008-06-29 6:55 AM (#108756 - in reply to #108752)

Expert Yogi

Gosh Shelly,

I know what you mean. What happened to all my TIME!!!?? I don't have enough time to do all the things I want to do in a day. I guess one way of looking at this is that I really do have a lot of time when you consider all the things I do in one day...it's amazing actually. Sometimes I impress myself. My daughter was telling me to read the Harry Potter books for the summer when she's gone. I'm like, yea right. I'll be lucky if I get my Led Zeppelin book read before Christmas, LOL!!

The mud thing....yep, we did that too. Although.....It was bad enough having my turmeric paste on my eye...I don't think I could of dealt with the mud. I have a childhood memory about mud in the eye and it wasn't very pleasant. The neighborhood boy down the street threw a mud ball in my eye when I was a kid. That is on my top 5 of most painful experiences! Then there's the tobacco that my mother would put on our sting wounds. The vinegar is the best treatment. That's coming from my beekeeping experiences. Honey bees are IMO, the worst sting, BUT - OTOH, Honeybees are the least likely to sting you. It takes a lot to piss them off. My bees are quite gentle. My son told me their camp was still using Clorox Bleach. I was WTF?? That was so absurd...I had complained once about that...guess I'm gonna have to do it again. Maybe I'll let DD take her own holistic medicine kit...with a bottle of vinegar in it,

Eye is much much better today. I don't see my skin bulging out. Which is good cause I have to drive for several hours today,

Edited by Cyndi 2008-06-29 6:57 AM
Orbilia
Posted 2008-06-30 5:09 AM (#108784 - in reply to #108756)

So you managed to sting yourself effectively?

Oh my, I can hear the language now and I bet it wasn't polite

Hope the vinegar's taken the worst away now. Is this regular malt vinegar (you must smell like a fish supper as well as having 'frog eye')?

Fee
Cyndi
Posted 2008-06-30 9:27 AM (#108787 - in reply to #108784)

Expert Yogi

Oh Fee, already thinking the worse of me yea?

Actually, I was quite calm, cool and collected. I had no idea what was happening...it was a slow burning sensation. Everyone needs to get stung regularly...I highly recommend it for so many things. In fact, my lower back was killing me from lifting all those heavy supers (boxes). After the sting, lower back started feeling much better, not to mention other parts of my sore aching body. Apitherapy is really good for us 'old' people ya know and for us yoga people who overstretch ourselves. So aboslutley....I did sting my quite effectively, if I do say so myself,
Orbilia
Posted 2008-07-01 10:41 AM (#108813 - in reply to #108787)

This would explain what you were doing in Canada then....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/7482609.stm

Fee
bstqltmkr
Posted 2008-07-01 12:51 PM (#108820 - in reply to #108746)

Now I'm hungry for blueberries.
Orbilia
Posted 2008-07-02 6:43 AM (#108835 - in reply to #108820)

My favourites too. I'm eating my home grown strawberries at the moment.

My blueberries are in their second season. The variety 1 bush is growing like a weed but variety 2 is very much smaller and slower (you need 2 varities for pollination). Don't know if this is a difference in the varieties or if number 2's less happy than number one. Any blueberry experts in the room?

Fee
bstqltmkr
Posted 2008-07-02 7:35 AM (#108836 - in reply to #108746)

My sister and I drove out to a blueberry farm last summer and picked gallons of them. It was so great, and I made some amazing pies out of some of them. I'm definately going to have to get back there.
Cyndi
Posted 2008-07-02 8:17 AM (#108838 - in reply to #108836)

Expert Yogi

I just love wild blueberry season. It's coming up soon ya know. I'm sorry, you guys are in the lower elevations...our blueberry pickin' don't start until the middle of next month.

We got some blackberries going on though. Today I'm going to pick up my CSA. I ordered french filet green beans, potatoes, carrots, cucumbers, yellow zuchini and yellow squash. I'm still munching on the fresh salad greens of arugula and mizuna from last week.
Orbilia
Posted 2008-07-03 9:04 AM (#108870 - in reply to #108838)

The Daily Mash's version of the Canadian Bee news story :

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/international/mounties-vow-to-capture-every-last-bee--200807021063/

I'm now even more convinced that this was the work of the guerilla wing of Cyndi's Bees *lol*

Fee
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)