YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

herbs to counteract
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Wellness -> Diet and NutritionMessage format

tubeseeker
Posted 2008-06-20 11:52 PM (#108586)
Subject: herbs to counteract

Supposedly in some of the ayurvedic books that I have certain food combinations do not go well. For example milk and starch is a bad combination, bananas and milk, eggs and cheese, etc... Does anyone know of a list or a place where I can find out about herbs that help counteract this imbalance of foods because it is hard to have meals without mixing something that is not supposed to be mixed.
thanks
seeker

Edited by tubeseeker 2008-06-20 11:56 PM
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Cyndi
Posted 2008-06-23 4:51 PM (#108631 - in reply to #108586)
Subject: RE: herbs to counteract

Expert Yogi

Hey Tubeseeker,

I'm afraid that what you are asking is not that simple. Sometimes the best way to counteract an imbalance is to fast for a day or so, do absolutely nothing and let the body rest.

Paul Pitchford's book, "Healing with Whole Foods" is a great book for learning about the health benefits of a particular food. IMO, it is the best book on the market for learning about foods, produce, balancing meals, but most importantly, how to eat them correctly - and according to the season, etc.
kulkarnn
Posted 2008-06-23 5:19 PM (#108635 - in reply to #108586)

Dear Tube: Nice to see you again. When an imbalance is created by a wrong combination of food, one has to know a) whether the imbalance is due to lack of digestive power of that individual. because, the same combination may not create the imbalance for another person. b) whether one is eating too much food, that is beyond their digestive power c) whether the imbalance is actually due to wrong combination or whether the imbalance is due to something else.

Anyway, when herb of any kind is used to counteract the imbalance, the herb gives a symptomatic relief. For example, if the imbalance is acidic, any herb that can cancel out that acidity shall give symptomatic relief. In this process, the herb shall cause lack of health, as I explained to you in the past. In course of time, you shall be addicted to that herb, and the energy will be depleted.

The only good herbs are those which provide nutrition, and not those who remove imbalances by giving symptomatic relief.

tubeseeker - 2008-06-20 11:52 PM

Supposedly in some of the ayurvedic books that I have certain food combinations do not go well. For example milk and starch is a bad combination, bananas and milk, eggs and cheese, etc... Does anyone know of a list or a place where I can find out about herbs that help counteract this imbalance of foods because it is hard to have meals without mixing something that is not supposed to be mixed.
thanks
seeker
ilchileesedona
Posted 2014-07-22 10:17 PM (#211614 - in reply to #108631)

Veteran

Cyndi - 2008-06-23 4:51 PM

Hey Tubeseeker,

I'm afraid that what you are asking is not that simple. Sometimes the best way to counteract an imbalance is to fast for a day or so, do absolutely nothing and let the body rest.

Paul Pitchford's book, "Healing with Whole Foods" is a great book for learning about the health benefits of a particular food. IMO, it is the best book on the market for learning about foods, produce, balancing meals, but most importantly, how to eat them correctly - and according to the season, etc.

I agree with you mate.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)