YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Headache
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> Yoga for Stress ReliefMessage format

kukkuta
Posted 2008-06-20 9:27 AM (#108567)
Subject: Headache

Hi everyone,
i introduce me. I'm Fulvio from Italy, 40 yeras old, and i pratice yoga since 1996. I practice nearly every day. I've developed a my own practice, a mix between sivananda yoga and anusara yoga. Some years ago i have practiced ashtanga yoga with Lino Miele and David Swenson, but now i have give it up because of an injury in my left knee. I came to the subject point. It's about three months that i soffer of headache. I feel pain expecially in my forehead. Every doctor i asked for said that it's a psychosomatic pain. I began pratice yoga for that reason and till 3 months ago i felt very good. Yes, sometimes my pain came back, but usually it passed away in a few days. Sometimes to fade it away was enough a good and intensive yoga practice. But this time i don't know why, the forehead ache is still here, every time during the day and night.
Have some of you any suggestion?
Thanks a lot and sorry for my bad english
Top of the page Bottom of the page
kulkarnn
Posted 2008-06-20 9:36 AM (#108568 - in reply to #108567)
Subject: RE: Headache

Suggestions: 1. Check eyesight. 2. Get opinion from Neurological Doctor and Surgeon 3. Take private Yoga with experienced teacher. 4. Address whole lifestyle.

Best Luck.

Posted 2008-06-20 1:08 PM (#108574 - in reply to #108567)

Hello Fulvio.

Your English is much better than my Italiano.

Can you clear me on a few things please?
The headaches have returned, right? I mean you had them and began yoga for it, and that has been fine until 3 months ago when the headaches returned?

If this is the case can you please outline your practice. In that way we can make some determinations relative to your practice. Also please consider what things have occurred in your life as of 3 months ago - a change in job, life, relationship???

Any other information on you and your life would be helpful.
kukkuta
Posted 2008-06-24 3:27 AM (#108639 - in reply to #108574)

Hi Purna,
yes, I have started yoga because of this headache in the forehead and until 3 months ago it came and fade away in a few time. I can tell you that it's triggered by emotional stimulus like dissatisfaction, ord anger, or fear and others things like that.
My practice is a dayly practice of about 1 hour and a half, sometimes three or more hours if i have not household matters. I begin with some breathing exercises like kapalabati, nadi sodhana, bastrika. Then i warm up the shoulders, wrists and knees. Downward facing dog usually is the first asana, then up dog, chaturanga dandasana, vasistasana, handstand, bakasana and pincha mayurasana. Then i continue with standing asanas, backwards asanas, pashimottasasana, twisting asanas, sirsasana, halasana, shoulderstand, savasana.
In this three monts i have changed the place i work. The job is the same but now i spend much more time to get it. In the last 5 year are died my mother-in law and father-in law, both with cancer (breast and skin). They lived togheter with my family (i my wife and our son) and they passed away very slowly like a candle that ends up the wax. Moreover last year my son has had a lung desease and we have spent much weeks in hospital.
Thaks for your interesting and namaste
kukkuta
Posted 2008-06-24 3:35 AM (#108640 - in reply to #108568)

Hi Neel,
my eyesight is good. About my lifestyle it's very healrhy. Maybe i lack of enough rest because of our little son. Neurological doctor thet visited me said that it's stress.
Thanks and namaste

Posted 2008-12-27 10:53 PM (#112569 - in reply to #108567)
Subject: Re: Headache

Fulvio,

Are you still around?
I'd like to add to this thread but will not do so until I know you are still visiting.
jenny
Posted 2009-02-18 3:22 AM (#113749 - in reply to #108567)

Hi Fulvio (or anybody else who might benefit from this)

Stress aside, there are 2 other most regular cause for headache.

1) High body temperature (you must drink water a lot)

2) Your blood flow is not smooth (yoga/massage will help
tremendously)

Try to address these first if you frequently get headache.

Best Regards

Jenny
kieranee
Posted 2009-08-23 2:36 AM (#117876 - in reply to #113749)

Thanks for the tip.
sagopalm
Posted 2009-09-03 10:21 PM (#118114 - in reply to #108567)

Try Ujjayi and Anuloma-Viloma Pranayama . They might help your specific case.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-386913693756370208#
angieluren
Posted 2009-09-04 8:51 AM (#118130 - in reply to #108567)

Thanks for the interesting insights from everyone i'm learning a lot, although i'm just a beginner in yoga.
rudra
Posted 2010-05-21 3:50 PM (#123059 - in reply to #108567)

Kapalbhati is very good for headaches. This is slow inhale but rapid exchale. A few strokes and it does wonders.
joyoga
Posted 2010-05-23 9:23 AM (#123081 - in reply to #123059)

Kapalabhati helps in headache? You mean during headache if anybody does kapalabhati then headache will disappear? How long one should practice for this purpose can you please tell me.
Thanks
Joseph
jollybriston
Posted 2011-02-24 10:56 PM (#202819 - in reply to #108567)

My mom had very problem of headache and we tried so much but no result was there. In the last, she tried Yoga and Kapalbhati and she is totally free from headache. Really it is the best way to reduce the headache problem.
channingahujia
Posted 2011-03-25 6:44 AM (#207966 - in reply to #108567)

A tension-kind headache can be absolutely troubling. It is generally acquired by stress, anxiety, depression, asymmetric activities, and poor diet.During a headache yoga postures and pranayama can advice allay affliction and absolution astriction and stress.
xenosanderson
Posted 2011-04-15 5:05 AM (#208138 - in reply to #108567)

If relaxation and proper nutrition are the things that are necessary, yoga is very effective in curbing this anvil-heads, provides yoga and meditation can body and mind from the clutter and confusion of scattered thoughts and activities, the asymmetrical stress headaches cause release .
Dacite
Posted 2011-04-15 8:23 AM (#208152 - in reply to #108567)

Regular

There are many reasons for headache. There can be as well anatomic reason why the brain is not getting enough oxygen.
Nor nutrition or yoga will help enough. It would be the same saying that if your arm is cut off, eating veggies and doing yoga will grow your arm back.

Of course, many headache cases involve too toxic body, then nutrition, massage, yoga will help.

Elizabeth_I
Posted 2011-05-18 5:58 AM (#208413 - in reply to #208152)

Dacite - 2011-04-15 8:23 AM

There are many reasons for headache. There can be as well anatomic reason why the brain is not getting enough oxygen.
Nor nutrition or yoga will help enough. It would be the same saying that if your arm is cut off, eating veggies and doing yoga will grow your arm back.

Of course, many headache cases involve too toxic body, then nutrition, massage, yoga will help.

not getting enough oxigen - that's actually my problem: sometimes after yoga I feel a little dizzy, but yoga usualy helps me remove headache
maciwatt
Posted 2011-05-31 2:48 AM (#208502 - in reply to #108567)

There are many different ways to cope with stress by Yoga. Yoga poses are good exercise and can help loosen up the tense muscles and head pain in your body. The one type of Yoga which very beneficial to tackle the headache is "Cross Legged Lower Back Stretch".
dracyruiz
Posted 2011-06-03 2:27 AM (#208532 - in reply to #108567)

Headache is most common problem for every one. There are many reason for headache like Migraine headache, have any tension, take alcohol, lack of sleep, eye strain and so on.
Ralph
Posted 2012-03-15 10:29 AM (#210190 - in reply to #108567)

Headache ccan be due to the
Lowering of blood pressure
Due to the stress
Lack of the improper food
Hypertension
Lack of sleep
Blood disorder

Edited by Ralph 2012-03-15 10:30 AM
bilyjoyece
Posted 2012-04-13 3:33 PM (#210347 - in reply to #108567)

Stress administering comes in adapted forms. There are emphasis abating techniques such as self-hypnosis, practicing tai chi, and added complicated stuff. There are aswell simple emphasis abatement techniques such as demography a aperture from work, acerbic up a hobby, exercises, active to music, and others.

Edited by bilyjoyece 2012-04-13 3:34 PM
ilchileesedona
Posted 2013-11-13 2:38 AM (#210976 - in reply to #108567)

Veteran

While it may be true that yoga can be a good remedy for headaches, it is worth considering how yoga can be a good prevention of headaches. In our fast-paced society we are always looking for a quick fix. The popularity of yoga has grown tremendously in the US over the past 10 years. It is great that more people are open to a yoga practice and are more and more are comfortable getting on the mat, but as a Western society we have only begun to tap into the true nature of yoga and the incredible benefits a consistent yoga practice bestows on the body and mind. Why wait until the headache is there before improving the circulation and releasing tension in the muscles and dissipating stress in the mind? A daily, routine practice of yoga can ensure all is right in the body-mind at all times. I’m not saying you’ll never get a headache again, but surely they will be less frequent and less severe. Think of Yoga as the best offense instead of the best defense for better health.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)