YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Fingertips
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Everything Else -> Generally OTMessage format

jpk
Posted 2008-06-17 5:31 PM (#108475)
Subject: Fingertips

Not sure if this really is off-topic but I'll drop it here anyway maybe it will entertain.

I had a really spooky thing on Saturday. Our yoga class at the gym had just two guys (do the rest not know what they are missing??) and the teacher so it was kind of informal and we started off with some assisted stretching. It was the first time I had helped anyone stretch so that was interesting, if a little tentative (I didn't want to cause an injury).

One of the things we did was take the arms behind at about shoulder level with palms outwards. The helper stands behind and gently pulls your arms together. When it was turn my I went as far as I thought would be OK, and the teacher said just a little farther and you can touch your fingers together, so I said OK then and got the shocking sensation of a third persons hand there. It wasn't the teacher since she was in front of me - it was my own hands but it felt like someone else! It took several seconds of wiggling my fingers before I could convince myself it was me and not some extra body.

I guess my mind had decided that what was happening was not possible so it invented a plausible alternative, but it felt really, really odd!

Looking forward to more perception expansion!

John

Top of the page Bottom of the page
tourist
Posted 2008-06-17 6:52 PM (#108480 - in reply to #108475)
Subject: RE: Fingertips

Expert Yogi

Spooky is right! Classic mind/body disconnect, I guess, eh? I like those tiny classes sometimes. It is fun to toss the class plan and "play yoga."
Orbilia
Posted 2008-06-18 6:19 AM (#108500 - in reply to #108480)
Subject: RE: Fingertips

Glad I'm not the only yoga rebel :-)

Fee
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)