YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Does anyone know a weight loss
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Wellness -> Women's HealthMessage format

Emon
Posted 2008-05-23 6:48 AM (#107787)
Subject: Does anyone know a weight loss

Hi, I am 23 years old and have been gaining on pounds and this is getting to me. The thing is that after several efforts of exercise and dieting, I don’t seem to get any slimmer! There are many ways to lose weight, but I have exhausted all the ways I know. I have consulted a few people but all of them have been telling me the same thing. It isn’t helping me and only making my fears worse.

Is there some way to make me feel better!!!
Top of the page Bottom of the page
kulkarnn
Posted 2008-05-23 9:34 AM (#107788 - in reply to #107787)
Subject: RE: Does anyone know a weight

Come and meet me. Northen Virginia. Or, Washington DC area.

Posted 2008-05-23 10:28 AM (#107792 - in reply to #107787)
Subject: RE: Does anyone know a weight loss

Emon, I  have had success in the past with a high protein diet. I am NOT a doctor nor do I play one on the internet so do not recommend it in your situation not knowing you or specific circumstances.
Chatoyancy
Posted 2008-05-23 11:08 AM (#107794 - in reply to #107787)

Have you discussed this with a doctor? It could help, although I've also experienced doctors who told me "Eat less and work out more". That's not always the issue. Pardon me for asking, but do you take any sort of hormones or have a hormonal imbalance? That was my problem. You might ask your doctor to test your thyroid function.
Duffy Pratt
Posted 2008-05-23 1:25 PM (#107802 - in reply to #107787)

Its possible you could lose weight without feeling better. You could also do things to make you feel better without losing weight. The two don't have to be related.

Without knowing more, its impossible for anyone here to tell what your problem is, and therefore also impossible to give all but the most general advice. How tall are you? What type of physical condition? What exercise do you do, and how often? How much do you weigh? Have you had your body fat composition tested, and if so, what is it? How much weight have you gained since you started noticing it? What do you think you should weigh? What have you tried, and why do you think those efforts failed?

Those are all the external questions. Then, why does what you weigh have something to do with how you feel about yourself? What are your fears?

Duffy
Sati Suloshana
Posted 2008-05-25 6:28 PM (#107856 - in reply to #107787)

Of course I don't know you but given your age I wonder if you are in your first year or two of working in an office? After being in school? So, you may have become much less active than before. The sad thing is, really every few yrs. - 5 or 10 - you need to reduce the amount you eat because your metabolism will slow down. Happens to everyone eventually. I also have had good luck with a high protein diet. (harder if you want to be vegetarian)

Momma told me that white bread, cake and all those so good things were just empty calories & she was right!

Eat more earlier in the day. Definitely eat breakfast.

Personally I also eat before working out or doing yoga. Make sure your body has fuel when it needs it.

A lot of people gain weight because they starve themselves all day, creating ravenous hunger, & then they eat a whole lot at night when there isn't as much distraction. So they are on a bad cycle which leads to a lot of other bad things besides gaining weight.
nativehealth
Posted 2010-03-08 11:22 PM (#121811 - in reply to #107787)

Eating celery, fish and salad will help a lot when wanting to lose weight. They are not magical foods that make you lose weight, but by eating those you will not eat stuff that does make you gain weight.
Same as drinking water instead of drinking beer, wine, carbonated drinks.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)