YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Beginner meditation experience
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Meditation -> General MeditationMessage format

meditationnewb
Posted 2008-05-18 2:01 PM (#107482)
Subject: Beginner meditation experience

I wanted to try meditation and I read somewhere on the internet that for meditation I should sit in some posture and relax myself somewhere where nothing would bother me and slowly breathe and concentrate on my breathing. Ok, I have done that many times for the past months and felt nothing special, but now today when I got practically all my thoughts on my breathing I felt really strange. Like I was on a roller coaster, my body didn't move but it felt like it did and like some very strong g-forces were tossing me around. At one point the forces were on my chest and I even felt like I had trouble breathing even though I know no forces were there and nothing did really push my chest/lungs. I swear I am not lying, this experience was quite strange. Now the question is what was it? I wasn't concentrated fully on one thing, when this thing had started, I was thinking clearly and not only on my breathing, so I didn't achieve a state of zero.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
jim b
Posted 2008-05-19 9:34 AM (#107527 - in reply to #107482)
Subject: RE: Beginner meditation experience

I am not the most experienced, but I can say that each time you try things may well be different.

Then again, "trying" is not the right word either. It is not really a goals oriented activity.

I find all the asanas to be helpful in the attempt to reach some level of comfort in whatever you do, standing, sitting, walking etc.
betty68
Posted 2008-06-01 5:38 PM (#108080 - in reply to #107482)
Subject: FREE PSYCHIC DEVELOPMENT TOOL

I have been searching the forum topics here and have found a lot a great discussions. I just came from a site that I thought everyone might find interesting. It’s a free psychic development online training tool created by LifeLeap Institute I really like the way the project works and found it very helpful. You can see the site at http://www.psychicproject.com

zenmagic
Posted 2008-09-17 10:40 AM (#110883 - in reply to #107482)

I also experience some weird sensations in my meditation practice. My suggestion is just be aware of it and let it go. No need to get caught up with the experience or sensations that pop up in your practice. Sometimes it is just an illusion or distraction that will take away your attention from your meditation object. One question though do your mind feel peaceful and at ease when you experience this stuff?

Felix
lakshmishegar
Posted 2008-12-29 5:33 AM (#112590 - in reply to #107482)

Hi meditationnewb,

Many people find it difficult to follow meditation in the long run. I would suggest you to try this product Serenity. You can discover the same techniques that mediators have practiced for years. Using binaural beats and background audio recorded in a Japanese Zen garden, Serenity will ease your mind into a deep, relaxing meditation.Serenity helps you to eliminate stress, anxiety, and depression. You can try our free download of serenity on our website.

Thanks,
Lakshmi

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)