YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

A beginner's post
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Meditation -> General MeditationMessage format

vidhyaparashar
Posted 2008-04-22 11:29 AM (#106543)
Subject: A beginner's post

Hi all....I am a novice in meditation and want to take the first step.....Can anyone come out with some inputs on how do i go about it at home only because i donn't want to go to any center.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
holomind
Posted 2008-05-14 10:58 AM (#107329 - in reply to #106543)
Subject: RE: A beginner's post

I believe that meditation works best when done alone, especially if you're starting out like me. I've been meditating for about a year now and consider myself a beginner.

Well, you are already taking the first step by just thinking about meditation.

There are so many ways to go about it, but I would recommend that you first focus on breathing meditation to start. It's a good method for learning how to focus and eventually moving on to void meditation. I my experience, those two techniques are the most essential.

So, find a place in your home where you definitely will not be disturbed, set aside time and get comfortable.
zenmagic
Posted 2008-09-17 12:16 AM (#110867 - in reply to #106543)

I agree with Holomind's post. Maybe you can start with simple breathing meditation. Just be aware of the breath and relax the tension in your mind and body. It will help you to be more at ease and be present all the time. If you just start practicing, maybe 5-10 minutes sitting per day will be really suitable.

My other suggestion is don't try too hard if your practice doesn't go so well. Just be patience and keep persistent in your meditation practice. Set a fixed schedule where you can meditate every day without distractions.

If you want to learn more, maybe you can get some meditation books or guided meditations CD. My recommendations for meditation books are "Miracle of Mindfulness" by Thich Nhat Hanh or "Piece of Quiet" by Paul Wilson. Hope this helps.

Best regards,
Felix

Edited by zenmagic 2008-09-17 12:23 AM
kulkarnn
Posted 2008-09-17 7:07 AM (#110877 - in reply to #106543)

See my PM to you and that suggests one of my works.

vidhyaparashar - 2008-04-22 11:29 AM

Hi all....I am a novice in meditation and want to take the first step.....Can anyone come out with some inputs on how do i go about it at home only because i donn't want to go to any center.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)