YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Neti problems
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Wellness -> General WellnessMessage format

imeldajunk
Posted 2008-04-17 4:51 PM (#106389)
Subject: Neti problems

Hi there, First time poster here. I am suffering terribly from my sinuses but am pregnant so can take virtually nothing medically. I bought a neti pot after hearing that it offers great relief however I can't get it to work. I have made up the saline solution as directed and tried pouring it through my nostril but it wont come out the other nostril. I have tilted my head everywhich angle but it wont come through. Is it possible that there is no hole between my nostrils?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
tourist
Posted 2008-04-17 6:54 PM (#106392 - in reply to #106389)
Subject: RE: Neti problems

Expert Yogi

imelda - it takes a little while to find the right tilt of the head. Do a bit of searching here and you may find some good instructions. I can do it, but still have a heck of a time, so I won't try to help!
kulkarnn
Posted 2008-04-20 4:44 AM (#106464 - in reply to #106389)
Subject: RE: Neti problems

Pregnant and Neti! and Sinus Problems!

That is ridiculous. Immediately stop this practice. You must change diet so that no sinus problems occur. If you are serious, see me in Viriginia in the mid May. Now, I am in India, Hyderabad in 100+ degrees enjoying cold water.

Peace
Neel

imeldajunk - 2008-04-17 4:51 PM

Hi there, First time poster here. I am suffering terribly from my sinuses but am pregnant so can take virtually nothing medically. I bought a neti pot after hearing that it offers great relief however I can't get it to work. I have made up the saline solution as directed and tried pouring it through my nostril but it wont come out the other nostril. I have tilted my head everywhich angle but it wont come through. Is it possible that there is no hole between my nostrils?
YogaSlut
Posted 2009-03-25 6:38 PM (#114938 - in reply to #106389)
Subject: Re: Neti problems

I'm actually having the same problem. It's really frustrating me!
avnerbh
Posted 2009-05-04 7:57 AM (#115689 - in reply to #106389)

I read many websites about how to do Neti Pot and saw a lot of video clicps in You Tube. I do Neti Pot smoothly for several months and enjoy and recommend it. There shouldn't be any reason you wouldn't succeed!

You can find good instructions + good video clip in http://NetiPot.org I believe this would help you.

In addition there could be some thick/dry mucus blocakage at the begining. Most experienced users have probably forgot about it. In this case, if you read carefully all instructions and still have problems, try blowing gently while the water are in your noise. This can help release the blockage. This is only needed at the very first uses of Neti Pot. After that your noise should be open regulary. Another tip is to try bigget Neti Pot (for example one of 500 ml). In this case the water have more power to push the thick/dry mucus.

Please let me know if this helped you.

Nick
Posted 2009-05-15 5:37 PM (#115985 - in reply to #115689)

Hi,
make sure you are breathing-anxiety makes us hold our breath, then the water doesn't flow.

nick
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)