YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Teaching Again ... Maybe ...
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> Yoga TeachersMessage format

twisti
Posted 2008-03-19 8:30 PM (#105265)
Subject: Teaching Again ... Maybe ...

Hey Guys, long time no post! Been out of the loop a bit. Stopped teaching about a year ago and went back into hospitality *groans*. Its funny, I never thought I would teach again. But the urge came back again this week as I seriously started thinking about leaving night shift behind me. I don't know if its a true urge to help people with the body/spirit connection, or ego, or fear cos its all I really know how to do. I don't want to fall back into all the reasons I stopped teaching: cultivating ego, giving people a 'band aid' feel good solution, driving them further into delusions that the answers can be found in something external of themselves ... teaching a modulaty, the 'tool' which is so often mistaken for the 'path'. I find myself wondering if I will I be able to do it in a different and bigger way!? Its a little foggy.

Sometimes the yoga in the world today is just so far from what it is 'spose' to be. Everything it stands against it seems to support. This is why I have always been a reluctant teacher inspite of my many years of practice ... Thoughts?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Posted 2008-03-19 9:52 PM (#105267 - in reply to #105265)
Subject: RE: Teaching Again ... Maybe ...

Teach "your" yoga! If you are teaching from the heart and the mind and not the ego and the wallet, it's got to be a good thing to share important tools with others. I feel that if it really works for me, that I would be greedy and selfish not to share it with others. I really love seeing their joy when they "get it."

Posted 2008-03-20 1:29 PM (#105294 - in reply to #105265)
Subject: RE: Teaching Again ... Maybe .

What is YOUR practice like, relative to these things you mention?
Cultivating your ego?
Giving yourself a band-aid?

If that is how your practice was, if that was your experience, if that was your perception, if that was your application, then it would make perfect sense that you would teach or impart those very things.

Your last paragraph is very accurate relative to Yoga in the world. But that is a reason to teach not a reason to hide. We need more teachers teaching from the heart. Add to that your willingness to examine these very things you've broached and you may be a prime candidate to get out there and counter the perversions.

And it would be healthy to get off the night shift. Violations of circadian rhythms tends to be deleterious to the human body.

Posted 2008-03-22 11:32 AM (#105366 - in reply to #105265)

didyou get my email?

it's at the email account listed in your bio-thingy for this page.

anyway, we can chat about it, 'kay?
twisti
Posted 2008-03-22 5:39 PM (#105377 - in reply to #105294)
Subject: RE: Teaching Again ... Maybe .

purnayoga - 2008-03-21 3:29 AM

Your last paragraph is very accurate relative to Yoga in the world. But that is a reason to teach not a reason to hide. We need more teachers teaching from the heart. Add to that your willingness to examine these very things you've broached and you may be a prime candidate to get out there and counter the perversions.

You are SO right and thank you for that input, my doubts are a reason to teach and speak up, not a reason to hide! My practice USED to be a band-aid, and something I used to take a little too seriously. I think I felt limited in my teaching as I was unable to teach PAST that. Past the band-aid to help people make TRUE changes in their life, not just making them feel better in the NOW. Felt kinda helpless in that (being a perfectionist doesn't help the cause either ) Since then I have done a lot more inner work so feel more able to teach more. To teach how and what I view Yoga to be ... the reminder that we need more teachers teaching from the heart hit the core of it pretty aptly though!

Edited by twisti 2008-03-22 5:57 PM

Posted 2008-03-22 6:37 PM (#105379 - in reply to #105265)

Time to chime in--get your patootie on the mat and get a teaching--preferably in San Antonio (it's the Melbourne of America you know).
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)