YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Panchakarma
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Wellness -> General WellnessMessage format

rafapilot
Posted 2008-03-09 8:25 PM (#104645)
Subject: Panchakarma

Hello,
I am looking into doing a panchakarma in April. I have been researching in the internet about places to go. So far I have found two that are interesting. The Ayurvedic Institute in New mexico or National Institute of Ayurvedic Medicine in New York. Does anyone has any reccomendation about this places or any other?

Thank you, Namaste, Blessings to all
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Posted 2008-03-09 8:50 PM (#104646 - in reply to #104645)
Subject: RE: Panchakarma

I know Kripalu offers this but it looks like the next session is not offered until May. (I've enjoyed my stays at Kripalu, but know nothing about their Panchakarma programs.)

Posted 2008-03-10 1:06 AM (#104652 - in reply to #104645)

is there an ayurvedic doctor close to you that you could consult in performing your own panchakarma?

if you were planning on taking time out of your schedule to do it anyways, you could save a boatload by doing it yourself. it's not that hard, but i can understand how the tensions of home could create an atmosphere detrimental to panchakarma

additionally, i would not recommend doing it by yourself unless you had guidance.

how much panchakarma are you planning on doing?
i bet either of those places would be good. i've heard of this place in Iowa, i think, called the Raj. my mom went there, said it was pretty swanky.

Edited by dhanurasana 2008-03-10 1:07 AM
Cyndi
Posted 2008-03-10 9:26 AM (#104653 - in reply to #104652)

Expert Yogi

I recommend the The Ayurvedic Institute in Alberqueque, New Mexico.
rafapilot
Posted 2008-03-10 10:59 AM (#104662 - in reply to #104653)

Thanks for the advice and help. I have no ayurvedic doctor near by and I would like to go to a retreat so I can be under profesional supervision. I have never done one before. I think I will be calling New Mexico for their 5 day intensive.

kulkarnn
Posted 2008-03-10 11:45 AM (#104668 - in reply to #104662)

You are lucky that you have no panchakarma source close to you. Because:

a) Actually, you do not need Panchakarma in general. And, this might force you to look into other options, possibly much superior to the panchakarma.

b) And, if you are still seriously Interested in Panchakarma, I mean you are interested in knowing it much more than benefits of it, then you shall travel long to prove that interest.

rafapilot - 2008-03-10 10:59 AM

Thanks for the advice and help. I have no ayurvedic doctor near by and I would like to go to a retreat so I can be under profesional supervision. I have never done one before. I think I will be calling New Mexico for their 5 day intensive.

rafapilot
Posted 2008-03-10 8:19 PM (#104706 - in reply to #104668)

Thanks,

I have been told that it would be a good idea for me to have a panchakarma. I am currently Vata aggravated. I have lost a lot of weight and have a very active mind. I have also become very sensitive to food. All test come good. And I wanted to try this. I have been studying Ayurveda on my own for a while and trying to live according to my constitution but I still need help. I practice daily meditation and Yoga but my mind is so active I find it hard to achieve a meditative state. I have tried many things and i am in the search for help.

When you say travel far. What do you mean? If you have any advice it will be greatly appreciate it.
kulkarnn
Posted 2008-03-10 10:20 PM (#104715 - in reply to #104706)

If you wish to study Ayurveda, I have no problems. Without knowing your background, I would say you should give around 6 to 10 years to study Ayurveda. But, then you are going to find exactly what I wrote above with ===> marks. That is in short, in your case, a) forget Ayurveda for now. Including Vata Pitta Kapha. b) Take up Instructions from Experienced Health+Yoga teacher and follow it for sufficient time that should be much less than understanding and incorporating Ayurveda. c) Travel until you find such a person. If you wish to travel to Virginia, see me.

d) For your meditation needs PM me. Why PM and not general post, I shall inform you while we do PM.

Best Luck. I admire your intentions of attaining health.

rafapilot - 2008-03-10 8:19 PM

Thanks,

I have been told that it would be a good idea for me to have a panchakarma. I am currently Vata aggravated. I have lost a lot of weight and have a very active mind. I have also become very sensitive to food. All test come good. And I wanted to try this. I have been studying Ayurveda on my own for a while and trying to live according to my constitution but I still need help. I practice daily meditation and Yoga but my mind is so active I find it hard to achieve a meditative state. I have tried many things and i am in the search for help.

When you say travel far. What do you mean? If you have any advice it will be greatly appreciate it.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)