YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

calcium heart psoriasis
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Wellness -> Women's HealthMessage format

Sati Suloshana
Posted 2008-03-02 7:14 PM (#104271)
Subject: calcium heart psoriasis

I was wondering if anyone has thoughts on taking calcium after menopause - it has recently been found to promote an increase in the number of heart attacks in post-menopausal women. I recently started taking calcium, magnesium, zinc & potassium again (in the hopes that the zinc would help my psoriasis). It seems the last couple of days my nervous system has unaccountably become overstimulated. Yesterday I took a difficult ashtanga class, but today I have no reason for it to be the same. So I am inclined to stop the supplementation again. Also do people have thoughts on the psoriasis. I wonder at it's suddenly getting awful in the 4th yr after the sessation of my menses. My hot flashes have recently gotten worse too. I wonder if I should go back to using wild yam cream. I can't usually take the plant based estrogenics, because they cause my candida to get bad (gas & constipation).
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Posted 2008-03-02 7:22 PM (#104275 - in reply to #104271)
Subject: RE: calcium heart psoriasis

my husband had severe psoriasis for many years, and completely healed it with cod liver oil and raw (unpasturized) butter. the vitamin A and D combination was the key.
kulkarnn
Posted 2008-03-02 9:24 PM (#104282 - in reply to #104271)

I have doubts about your entire lifestyle.

Sati Suloshana - 2008-03-02 7:14 PM

I was wondering if anyone has thoughts on taking calcium after menopause - it has recently been found to promote an increase in the number of heart attacks in post-menopausal women. I recently started taking calcium, magnesium, zinc & potassium again (in the hopes that the zinc would help my psoriasis). It seems the last couple of days my nervous system has unaccountably become overstimulated. Yesterday I took a difficult ashtanga class, but today I have no reason for it to be the same. So I am inclined to stop the supplementation again. Also do people have thoughts on the psoriasis. I wonder at it's suddenly getting awful in the 4th yr after the sessation of my menses. My hot flashes have recently gotten worse too. I wonder if I should go back to using wild yam cream. I can't usually take the plant based estrogenics, because they cause my candida to get bad (gas & constipation).
Butterfly71
Posted 2008-03-03 12:16 PM (#104328 - in reply to #104271)

Hi Sati,
You would have to get calcium either in high doses or IV in order to pose a risk. It is true that calcium controls the contraction of the heart but the normal doses (1,000-1,500mg/day) will not be dangerous. Maybe like brother Neel mentioned, there may other factors causing this stimulation of your nervous system. Good luck to you.
Butterfly71
Posted 2008-03-03 12:22 PM (#104331 - in reply to #104271)

Zoebird, thanks for the psoriasis tip! I have some on my elbow and neve have thought of castor oil (i use the oil as a pack for my menstrual pain). I will try it! do you use the butter and castor mixed together or one on top of the other?

Posted 2008-03-03 12:30 PM (#104332 - in reply to #104271)

it's not caster oil. it's cod liver oil.

and it's taken internally. that is, one dose of cod liver oil (ryan uses a high-vitamin liquid cod liver oil--no pills!) and one dose (tablespoon) of raw, unpasturized butter.

in the belly.
Butterfly71
Posted 2008-03-03 2:31 PM (#104348 - in reply to #104271)

Oh!!! Oops, must have misread. Thanks! I will start that tomorrow and let you know how it goes.
Sati Suloshana
Posted 2008-03-08 8:12 PM (#104624 - in reply to #104271)

Thanks for the suggestions. Will try some.
Sati Suloshana
Posted 2008-03-13 11:27 AM (#104861 - in reply to #104271)

I think part of what's happening (as far as getting overstimulated) is that it's getting to be spring. Happens every yr! I am reminded that I am just another animal, responding to the seasons. It's a good thing to emerge out of the dark tired shell of winter into the abundant lively energy of spring to be followed by summer, my favorite time of year! I love being able to be outdoors without so many clothes. I love having more energy. I love daylight savings time!

I am trying the cod liver oil. It seems to be causing gas, so I may try taking it every other night.

Being out in the sun seems to have helped.

My research seems to indicate that psoriasis is something that often starts or flares with menopause. Alas.
Sati Suloshana
Posted 2008-03-13 11:28 AM (#104862 - in reply to #104271)

Which is not to say that there aren't some additional lifestyle changes which would be beneficial. Not sure I will ever give up coffee though....

Posted 2008-03-13 1:06 PM (#104869 - in reply to #104271)

it can take a while to adjust to a new food, and most people find that if they take the CLO with food, they're les slikely to have stomach upset or gas.

typically, it goes away anway after a couple of weeks.
Butterfly71
Posted 2008-03-27 12:35 PM (#105533 - in reply to #104271)

Just a quick up-date. Its been a few weeks that I have used the CLO and although the psoriasis on my elbow is not completely gone, it is "clean" and skin colored now! Thanks!

Posted 2008-03-27 1:33 PM (#105536 - in reply to #104271)

cool, isn't it? it works!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)