YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

ENERGETIC DESPAIR
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Wellness -> Diet and NutritionMessage format

shantiyogini
Posted 2008-02-19 11:43 AM (#103709)
Subject: ENERGETIC DESPAIR

woops, I already posted in the general site before I saw the diet section. Anyway, I was writing about my energy levels being totally shot. I teach full-toime and find myself reaching for sweets to increase my energy before class ; the fat is accummulating and I feel brutal about myself. . . I'm lethargic, need long afternoon naps, and could easily lie in bed for hours at a time . . . reading, or whatever. I know I need a good diet overhaul, but I'm not sure which way to go, as there is so much info. out there.
Any suggestions?? I'm desperate (as I reach for another caramel filled chocolate egg)
Top of the page Bottom of the page
kulkarnn
Posted 2008-02-19 4:27 PM (#103733 - in reply to #103709)
Subject: RE: ENERGETIC DESPAIR

We already talked, I guess. Q1: Can you take at least one month break from your work and current daily routine? Q2: Can you afford to travel to a Fasting Retreat or some such place to get reset?

shantiyogini - 2008-02-19 11:43 AM

woops, I already posted in the general site before I saw the diet section. Anyway, I was writing about my energy levels being totally shot. I teach full-toime and find myself reaching for sweets to increase my energy before class ; the fat is accummulating and I feel brutal about myself. . . I'm lethargic, need long afternoon naps, and could easily lie in bed for hours at a time . . . reading, or whatever. I know I need a good diet overhaul, but I'm not sure which way to go, as there is so much info. out there.
Any suggestions?? I'm desperate (as I reach for another caramel filled chocolate egg)
lilybart
Posted 2008-02-20 5:16 PM (#103795 - in reply to #103709)

Maybe look for high-energy snacks that are more healthful... You could make yourself little bags of nuts, seeds, and dried fruit to take with you if you need a snack. Yogurt is an excellent snack, and very digestible (it's the only thing I can safely eat if I'm hungry close to a yoga class). Drink plenty of water throughout the day. Make yourself meals with lots of vegetables (vegetarian lasagna is a good one). I like to make a big thing of soup that will last several days (black bean, veggie chili, pea soup, spicy lentil soup... etc).

Another thing to keep in mind... This is a rough time of year, I think. I'm not sure what kind of climate you live in, but the darkness and cold begin to wear on me by February. I have also been feeling really low the past month or two, and have been sleeping quite a lot. I think it's good to set realistic goals for yourself, and pay attention to what might be making you reach for the caramel eggs, etc, and not see it as a permanent state. Try not to be so brutal on yourself.

good luck!

PS: I don't advise giving up chocolate... just have high-quality chocolate in small quantities. Or, make yourself homemade cocoa with milk. Calcium AND chocolate... ahhh.

lilybart
Posted 2008-02-20 5:19 PM (#103796 - in reply to #103709)

ah ha, I just looked at your website and saw that you live in ontario... so yes, it's cold and dark where you are, too! (I'm in Vermont). Do you find that you feel less energetic during winter?
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)