YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

probiotic
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Wellness -> Diet and NutritionMessage format

summers
Posted 2008-02-11 5:53 PM (#103261)
Subject: probiotic

Have any of you tried a probiotic? I heard Dr. Oz talking about over all wellness and increasing energy on Oprah, so I asked around and a friend of my recommended Karmic Justice's Longevity. I ordered it online at www.karmicjustice4u.com I LOVE this stuff! It is packed full of antioxidents and lots of ingredients that seem to detoxify a bit. My skin looks fab! Have any of you tried any others you like?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Cyndi
Posted 2008-02-11 9:47 PM (#103274 - in reply to #103261)
Subject: RE: probiotic

Expert Yogi

No...but, I did drink Mona Vie.....the acai berry juice. Ever heard of it????

It's totally expensive, it looks like a $40 bottle of wine,

I have a friend who BUGS me weekly with her sales pitch, When I told her I didn't like it and I would rather drink a bottle of real Italian wine, she got mad at me. So funny.
Orbilia
Posted 2008-02-12 4:54 AM (#103287 - in reply to #103274)

And if that wine's a good heavy red, you're getting a lot of antioxidants as well as plastered

Fee
timeforlife03
Posted 2008-04-24 12:28 PM (#106600 - in reply to #103261)

So wait, you can get the same benefits from drinking a glass of wine with dinner everyday?
Duffy Pratt
Posted 2008-04-25 2:05 AM (#106617 - in reply to #106600)

No, wine doesn't give the same benefits. They are joking. There's some evidence that drinking a glass or two of wine a day has benefits for your heart. And red wine has some antioxidants as well.

The point of probiotics, as I understand it, is to help the digestive system, and to help boost the immune system. People sometimes take probiotics to help boost the good bacteria in their system following a round of antibiotic treatment. And there are many people who swear by probiotics for helping with things like bloating, irregularity, etc...

Duffy
nucleareggset
Posted 2008-04-25 9:38 AM (#106622 - in reply to #103261)

I do take probiotics - particularly regularly if I'm on antibiotics. I find that they do help a bit (I'm prone to yeast infections on antibiotics, which is their main assist), but it's mostly for regularity and ... stability? not sure what the right word is... consistency?... normalicy?... something like that in the digestive system. But I don't take anything fancy, just a pill form from Solaray that's a combination of L. acidophilus, B. bifidum, and L. bulgaricus. The only thing special about the ones I take is that they are made on a non-dairy base, as I'm casein intolerant.
Ta2dqt
Posted 2008-05-21 4:41 PM (#107708 - in reply to #103261)

Ive been interested in this for a while too. Havent tried it but want to. Im taking protien supplements to "bulk" up a little and hear probiotics can help w/ the absorbtion of it and make it "less" damaging to the kidneys?
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)