YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Mantrams
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Meditation -> General MeditationMessage format

cbritton
Posted 2008-01-21 1:09 AM (#102246)
Subject: Mantrams

There is a book that has been widely popular among yoga practitioners in the United States for some time. Titled the Fountain of Youth it details five yoga exercises that have been practiced amongst a society of Tibetan monks for thousands of years that promise extraordinary longevity. There is one chapter, however, that has troubled me for some time. Titled Mantram Magic, the chapter describes a procedure for attaining one's desires by calling upon one's "superconscious mind." The procedure is very simple. One simply recites in his mind: "I demand power right now " if what that person desires is power. The superconscious mind is then activated and goes to work through its own energy and genius to bring you power.

Now, what is disconcerting is that being vested with this magic-like power to manipulate one's world in positive ways also allows one to manipulate his or her world in neutral or negative ways as well. How easy it is for someone to inadvertently demand something harmful or negative for himself or another person. Suppose someone simply thought: "I demand (something) right now" where that something was a car crash or illness for instance. One might then try to suppress these thoughts or avoid them but that often tends to only inflame them. I have been experiencing this with anxiety for a while and would like to know if these thoughts should trouble me and if I should worry about them at all.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Phaedrus
Posted 2008-02-27 6:43 PM (#104073 - in reply to #102246)
Subject: RE: Mantrams

Hi,

You are right to be concerned. The Black magician uses the same techniques and works with the same energies as the white. The difference is intent. the black arts are selfish and separative. White magic is selfless and inclusive. "I demand power now" sounds selfish, but I don't want to pass judgement on something I have not read. I don't even like passing judgement on something I have read.

Why do you want the power? That is the question. If it is for the service and betterment of humanity, you can be trusted with power. If you want to gain material wealth for yourself you will be miserable.

Keep your motives in mind and be careful. there is nothing wrong with power and it is neither good or evil. It is the mind that directs it and the conscuiousness that pursues it that color it one way or the other.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)