YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

PCOS & yoga / diet?
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Wellness -> Women's HealthMessage format

Posted 2008-01-11 3:51 AM (#101817)
Subject: PCOS & yoga / diet?

Hi there,
I'm having a difficult menstruation since years now (ever since I stopped taking the pill). It doesn't come on a regular time, sometimes I skip a few months, but mostly there are 6 weeks or more between the menstruation. When I menstruate, I have heavy cramps (sometimes so bad I faint or throw up) for a few days.
I've been to a gynaecologist, he told me I have PCOS, and that I either should take the pill again or take clomid. I don't want to take either of those, but I do want a 'normal' menstruation cycle, especially since I'm trying to become pregnant.
I wonder if there's anything I can do besides taking hormones, something with my diet? Or some yoga poses?
I read a lot on the internet about PCOS, some sites say I should drink milk, some say I shouldn't, some say I shouldn't eat soy, some say I should... So I'm a bit confused now, and hope you can help me...
Top of the page Bottom of the page
kulkarnn
Posted 2008-01-11 8:17 AM (#101822 - in reply to #101817)
Subject: RE: PCOS & yoga / diet?

See my PM.

Posted 2008-01-11 10:58 AM (#101834 - in reply to #101817)

If you actually have PCOS then there is likely an issue with the endocrine system.
There is a therapeutic protocol for dealing with such things through yoga (meditation, asana, pranayama, lifestyle, nutrition, applied philosophy) though it is involved and carefully structured. It is to be learned one-on-one with a highly skilled teacher.

I presume Neel's Personal Message handled this for you already.
priya82
Posted 2008-02-06 11:34 PM (#102976 - in reply to #101817)

I have read somewhere that Kayakalpa yoga can help with PCOS. Apparently it affects 35% of Indian women, so you don't have to worry too much about it as it is a common problem.

If you have Insulin Resistance then doctor might prescribe you metformin or Glucophage which will prevent you from Type II Diabetes. Good luck!!

---------------------------
Priya
http://pcos-india.blogspot.com
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)