YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Cold before period
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Wellness -> Women's HealthMessage format

Butterfly71
Posted 2008-01-03 5:15 PM (#101451)
Subject: Cold before period

Does anyone experience this? I get SO cold and very pale before my period. I was diagnosed with endometriosis but have not had major issues since I started yoga. The only this is that I become FREEZING even in summer.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
tourist
Posted 2008-01-03 7:19 PM (#101457 - in reply to #101451)
Subject: RE: Cold before period

Expert Yogi

Butterfly - I would guess that there are about as many premenstrual symptoms in this world as there are women! Feeling cold is sometimes a sign of low iron levels, so you could check into that if are inclined. zoebird might have some other info for you - she knows a lot about the hormone levels at various points in the cycle. Stay warm! You can borrow my hot tub, if you like.
kulkarnn
Posted 2008-01-03 10:11 PM (#101461 - in reply to #101457)

NO Hot Tub should be used by a real yoga practitioner. Just wear warm clothes to keep you warm.

tourist - 2008-01-03 7:19 PM

Butterfly - I would guess that there are about as many premenstrual symptoms in this world as there are women! Feeling cold is sometimes a sign of low iron levels, so you could check into that if are inclined. zoebird might have some other info for you - she knows a lot about the hormone levels at various points in the cycle. Stay warm! You can borrow my hot tub, if you like.
Butterfly71
Posted 2008-01-04 12:37 PM (#101483 - in reply to #101451)

Thanks! I will get that checked out. I am bundling up with my sweater and scarf inside and drinking tea. Thank you my new kind friends. I am blessed to have found this site to guide me in this wonderful journey.
kulkarnn
Posted 2008-01-04 2:04 PM (#101485 - in reply to #101483)

I guess you shall find a loose but fitting Thermal Underwear very useful. You can get it in the Sports Shops. And, make sure you must NOT drink Tea. Tea is not good for health. I am sure of it. Because, I drink it. But, that is because I am from India and I want to stay that way.

Butterfly71 - 2008-01-04 12:37 PM

Thanks! I will get that checked out. I am bundling up with my sweater and scarf inside and drinking tea. Thank you my new kind friends. I am blessed to have found this site to guide me in this wonderful journey.
tourist
Posted 2008-01-04 7:04 PM (#101500 - in reply to #101485)

Expert Yogi

Neel - you are going to confuse our butterfly and she'll fly away!
kulkarnn
Posted 2008-01-05 12:04 AM (#101506 - in reply to #101500)

But, I have Purna to clarify my message and I have super editors like Sister Tourist, Sister Cyndi, and Sister ZoeBird. Butterfly never drinks tea.

tourist - 2008-01-04 7:04 PM

Neel - you are going to confuse our butterfly and she'll fly away!
Butterfly71
Posted 2008-01-05 7:44 AM (#101514 - in reply to #101451)

NO!!!! I LOVE tea! I have black, green, white, herbal teas in my home and office. I am a tea woman. Plus, I get even more of an urge to drink black tea before my period. Don't take that away from me. Also, why do you say not to drink tea? It has so many benefits.
Sati Suloshana
Posted 2008-03-13 5:37 PM (#104879 - in reply to #101451)

I am late noticing this thread, but, my guess is (based on my own experience) that this is a leading edge symptom of the perimenopause.

Things which might warm you up nicely: hot showers or hot tub soaks. For years that was the only way I could get to sleep many nights, because I was so cold to the bone.

Eat more earlier in the day. Do lots of sun salutes. Run, or at least walk.

Personally I have a great need for iron bearing foods. Therefore reluctantly I gave up the veggie thing & eat meat. My body is a lot happier for it. I have more energy & I don't get as cold. That was the case even before menopause. Now, in menopause, I don't have very many hot flashes & I still get cold flashes sometimes, but they aren't as bad.
Sati Suloshana
Posted 2008-03-14 1:11 PM (#104911 - in reply to #101451)

An acupuncturist I used to go to who was also a Russian MD said that about 80% of her female patients had low thyroid hormones, not necessarily low enough to get supplemented, but low enough to feel cold a lot, gain weight easily, have low energy etc.

I recommend the Winter Silks catalog for great light weight warm silk long johns. I have been wearing them all winter under my pants. It is so nice to have warm legs.

Butterfly71
Posted 2008-03-27 12:33 PM (#105532 - in reply to #101451)

Thanks! I will continue with the warm things as they help a lot. I am actually losing weight and have always been cold before my period. Interesting how the body works, eh? Could be thyroid though as my dad had hyperthyroidism.
Chatoyancy
Posted 2008-05-29 9:40 PM (#108016 - in reply to #101451)

I know I'm a bit late coming into this but when I saw endometriosis mentioned I had to comment.

I, too, have endometriosis and have experienced the coldness and paleness. I've been on all sorts of hormone therapies, menopause-inducing injections, and even had surgery. Nothing ever helped until I tried acupuncture as a last resort. I found a Chinese lady who specialized in female reproductive issues. She said that in Chinese medicine a lot of reproductive problems, like endometriosis, are caused by what they call a "cold uterus". The acupuncture unblocks the chi in specific meridians and improves the circulation. One of the things I noticed, along with the lessening of my symptoms, was that my feet weren't freezing all the time. My color improved as well. She also told me to avoid eating or drinking cold items, or having drinks with ice.

I hear conflicting info on the teas, though. I've read in some places where green tea is considered a cooling beverage, and that women with reproductive issues should avoid it for that reason. But then I read in other places that green tea is thermogenic. So I'm totally confused there.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)