YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Baby Update..
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1 2 3 4
Now viewing page 3 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Everything Else -> Generally OTMessage format

joscmt
Posted 2008-01-11 11:28 AM (#101836 - in reply to #101300)
Subject: RE: Baby Update..

yeah.... the hip circles are nice... and I'm loving my ball at the moment. I did manage to doze off a little after my last post.. I was getting ready to hit the streets and go for a walk.. but then it decided to pour, so I'm going to have to wait a little (I'm not much of a rain person..)
The contractions are definitely stronger than yesterday.. but MUCH more irregular.. with longer intervals in between. Who the heck knows what it all means!?!?!?!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Posted 2008-01-11 11:43 AM (#101837 - in reply to #101300)

sweet. it's just foggy and drizzly here. pretty, though, and about 50 degrees. i have the house open.
bstqltmkr
Posted 2008-01-12 8:20 AM (#101873 - in reply to #101300)

Pretty thrilling! I'll be thinking about you, Marylisa, and hoping for the best.
tourist
Posted 2008-01-12 2:27 PM (#101883 - in reply to #101873)

Expert Yogi

No update for awhile - hope that is good news on it's way!
joscmt
Posted 2008-01-12 7:06 PM (#101896 - in reply to #101300)

Glenda- I wish!!

But, no... we went to L&D last night because I was having contractions 4.5 min. apart and thinking they were quite strong... but nope! Not strong enough!! Good news is that there were some changes between Thurs and Fri... but not enough to keep me there. So we headed home at 4:30am.. and I've been sleeping all day. I said a little prayer for a little relief from the contractions so I could get some rest. It appears I got my wish. I've been having them- but a lot less frequent... but after 48hrs of contractions 4-8min apart- my body was exhausted... and I was getting into a pretty negative headspace. I didn't want the baby to come out when I was so bitter... so I've had plenty of sleep today and I'm in a much better place!!

I tell you though... it took me almost 48 hours to get to 90% effaced and 1cm dilated...... I might end up still getting induced on Tuesday at this rate!!!

She's just taking her own sweet time getting out!
tourist
Posted 2008-01-12 9:21 PM (#101898 - in reply to #101896)

Expert Yogi

ML - I am so glad you got some rest! And yes, you do need to be in a positive state of mind for this little adventure Don't sweat the numbers. They can change in a matter of minutes. I have known many a mom who was sent home for "at least 24 hours" who ended up zooming back MUCH sooner than anticipated. The hospital staff will have you believe that they know exactly how each labour will progress and I am sure they are right a lot of the time, but I'll bet they are surprised more often than they let on Let this baby arrive in her own sweet time. Open and release, breathe and be joyful. Here is a little gem I just got at a workshop for women's issues. Geeta Iyengar apparently believes very strongly that even talking tightens the abdomen and the teacher giving the workshop did some work with her that demonstrated this. So go to that quiet, inner place and be still there. Cocoon. Nest. Your life is about to change in a way that will challenge you beyond what you can imagine. Be patient. Did I say breathe? Do that
Orbilia
Posted 2008-01-14 5:40 AM (#101939 - in reply to #101898)

I knew you were still at home at the time of my last post, Marylisa..... I was being predictive :-)

I hope for your sake, you are there now!

Best wishes,

Fee

Edited by Orbilia 2008-01-14 5:41 AM
joscmt
Posted 2008-01-16 9:28 PM (#102100 - in reply to #101300)

Hey Everyone!! Just wanted to tell you all that at 2:38pm, Monday, Jan. 14th- Ruby Evelyn was born!!
She weighed 9lbs, 11oz!! and was 21.7" long!!

After 4 days of regular contractions, my water broke around 1:30am Mon. We headed off to the hospital. I was so physically and emotionally exhausted after those 4 days- that I begged for the epidural. I know there are those of you who don't believe in it- but for me, the person who invented it should be a saint!! I had no problems with it at all... and because it relaxed me- I was not only able to sleep for the first time in 4 days (for 5 hours at that!)- BUT my body could relax enough to dilate. After 4 days I was at 3cm- and after 5 hours with the epi- I was complete! Not to mention the sleep gave me that bit of energy I needed to push her out!

Since this is a yoga board, I will say that my yoga practice DEFINITELY helped my push this baby out!! Doc wasn't so sure at the time I was complete if I'd be able to get her out- simply because she was still not engaged and high in my pelvis. She said, let's push for 30 min and see what happens. I was not only able to get her engaged, but also able to get her quite a ways down into my pelvis- so everyone was excited!

Anyhoo- the epidural wore off just enough at the end of pushing that I was able to feel some, but not everything. I made it through with two teeny little tears that the doc wasn't even sure she needed to stitch- but she went ahead and put 1 in on each side.

I have to say as well that the hospital staff was soo amazing! They were so supportive of doing whatever it took to avoid a c-section. And they were willing to let me labor as long as I needed as long as it was progressing and the baby was ok. I can't say that's the case in every hospital. Luckily, once we were there, it was only about 13 hours!

But, we are all doing great! Because it was completely uncomplicated, I don't really have any restrictions and was up and about soon after.

It was a totally amazing and blessed experience!! And, here she is!!

Edited by joscmt 2008-01-16 9:32 PM

(Ruby .JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Ruby .JPG (16KB - 31 downloads)
kulkarnn
Posted 2008-01-16 9:47 PM (#102101 - in reply to #101300)

Dear Marylisa: Your story is very moving. At last you lost the weight!!! Best wishes to the Ruby jewel.

We are proud of your courage. After all a tough Italian girl!
Orbilia
Posted 2008-01-17 5:34 AM (#102116 - in reply to #102101)

Congratulations! So good to hear that you're both doing well. Judging from that sleepy face and the length of your labour, 'lil Miss didn't want to come out

Fee

(Stork8.gif)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Stork8.gif (16KB - 38 downloads)
bstqltmkr
Posted 2008-01-17 8:30 AM (#102120 - in reply to #101300)

Welcome to the world sweet Ruby!

Marylisa this is awesome news, I'm so happy for you! Your baby is beautiful, and her name is too! You did wonderful!
GreenJello
Posted 2008-01-17 9:21 AM (#102124 - in reply to #101300)

Congratulations!
tourist
Posted 2008-01-17 9:31 AM (#102125 - in reply to #102124)

Expert Yogi

Oh, she's gorgeous! A wonderful birth for a very lucky little girl. My grandmother's name was Ruby.

Posted 2008-01-17 9:31 AM (#102126 - in reply to #101300)

she is so cute!

i'm so glad that you got a birth that you wanted, that was supported and healthy for everyone. i'm not against epidurals per se (if that concept was lodged in my direction), i just think people shouldn't be cavalier about them. and i wouldn't say that you were. my mother did the same thing with me--she labored (early) for days with hardly any sleep, so they gave her pain meds so she could sleep for a few hours before i finally decided to come out!

i love her name too. i really love the name Ruby a lot!
joscmt
Posted 2008-01-17 10:10 AM (#102135 - in reply to #101300)

Thanks everyone!! We had a great first night at home. We are both still getting used to breastfeeding- but we're getting there!

Glenda- Ruby was my Grandma's name too! And Evelyn is my husband's... both strong women with a lot of spunk and character!

Fee- She is a sleepy baby!! And she certainly took her own sweet time! I actually have to wake her up for her feedings about 1/2 the time. She sleeps for 4-5 hour stretches! To get my milk to come in well, she needs to feed every 2-3 hours. Takes me almost an hour to wake her up! She's a peaceful little princess!

Posted 2008-01-17 10:41 AM (#102139 - in reply to #101300)

Congratulations and welcome to our newest yogini Ruby!
OrangeMat
Posted 2008-01-17 6:11 PM (#102142 - in reply to #102100)

Congratulations!! Take very good care of that beautiful new baby, and of the new mommy as well!
joscmt
Posted 2008-01-27 7:40 PM (#102516 - in reply to #101300)

Well, I can't help myself.. here are a couple of other pics!!

joscmt
Posted 2008-01-27 7:40 PM (#102517 - in reply to #101300)

Well, I can't help myself.. here are a couple of other pics!! I'm head over heels in love with my little peach!

(ruby swing net.JPG)

(ruby car seat net.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments ruby swing net.JPG (20KB - 31 downloads)
Attachments ruby car seat net.jpg (21KB - 28 downloads)
bstqltmkr
Posted 2008-01-28 7:29 AM (#102525 - in reply to #101300)

Well, no wonder why, she's absolutely adorable. Thanks for sharing your pictures.
tourist
Posted 2008-01-28 10:12 AM (#102537 - in reply to #102517)

Expert Yogi

Wow - she is starting to lose that newborn look already. Amazing. So sad that babies have to have warning stickers on them, though...
bstqltmkr
Posted 2008-01-28 10:56 AM (#102540 - in reply to #101300)

Haha, I think the small print says May cause loss of sleep.
joscmt
Posted 2008-01-29 10:02 AM (#102594 - in reply to #101300)

They should come with many warning stickers!! One across the butt that says "caution: spontaneous combustion!"

We're off to our 2 week appt today- so we'll see if she's gained back her weight. She's been eating like a champ (and I swear, all it takes is one wrong latch to kill you!!)..... oddly enough, Ruby's new little cousin's appt happens to be 10 min. after Ruby's...so we Mommies are going to travel together!

At least I have an hour to get myself ready and out the door!! Takes a little longer these days....

Posted 2008-01-29 1:56 PM (#102612 - in reply to #101300)

her pictures are cute! she looks so pudgy.

i hope her appointment goes well.

---

modestly related story: POOP EXPLOSION!

my friend told me that one morning her husband got up to get ready for work, and she was sleeping in (the cosleep). he'd picked up the baby and changed her, but didn't put the wool cover over the cotton diaper.

my friend woke about an hour later to a horrible smell. she was covered in baby poop! so was the baby, the bed--the whole bed it seemed. and she freaked--she couldn't find the wool cover, which usually helps keep the poop contained.

she realized then that her husband had changed her daughter, but left off the wool cover. she cleaned up everything (and was very angry about it), and then called her husband to tell him.

she said she'd never seen so much poop, and how had it come from such a tiny person?

well, her husband came home with flowers, new sheets, and new pyjamas for his wife. very good idea indeed.
jonnie
Posted 2008-01-29 2:04 PM (#102615 - in reply to #101300)

...That's the story of my life

I still can't understand how something so little can create so much of the stuff

Jonathon
Jump to page : 1 2 3 4
Now viewing page 3 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)